Balmorhea anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Willie

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I had hoped to get a trip to Balmorhea in this winter or early spring. Anyone interested?

Willie

good vis (depending on how many people are there, I had 80' or so but we had the place to ourself) and 74-76* water

Did you have a specific date that you would like to go? I would love to but I have family coming into town soon. So if the dates work I will see what I can do about going.

No specific date in mind. I just enjoy going down there and I have a couple of newly certified divers that I want to take. They have been there swimming and wanted to dive, now they can.

Willie

No specific date in mind. I just enjoy going down there and I have a couple of newly certified divers that I want to take. They have been there swimming and wanted to dive, now they can.

Willie

Sounds good, I will try to keep all the weekends open that I can. Just let me know as soon as you can when you plan on going. I will see then if I can make it, I do hope so. I haven't been to Balmorhea yet. I need to cross it off my list.

Judy and I are interested. We were talking about doing a weekday trip (damn old retirees) diving the afternoon and evening of arrival and again the next morning. Then probably a trip up the mountain and home the day after.

I checked out Stillhouse week before last. Temp was about 50 and vis below 60 ft was less than arms length. I held my light down and slowly descended trying to find bottom. I knew I was there when my light disappeared in the mud.

I would love to go, but that seems a long slog out there for a just a weekend of diving. My only 3 day weekend coming up in Good Friday and Mom would slaughter me if I skipped Easter to go diving. Although, my great grandfather helped found the town - maybe I could argue that it was still family related. :wink:

I guess you could SWest into Midland/Odessa and drive from there on a Friday evening.... But then can you get weights and tanks on site?? Anyone done the drill before that has some wisdom to share???

I had hoped to get a trip to Balmorhea in this winter or early spring. Anyone interested?

Willie

Interested YES...............need date to see if it fits my busy schedule.

:coffee:

I checked out Stillhouse week before last. Temp was about 50 and vis below 60 ft was less than arms length. I held my light down and slowly descended trying to find bottom. I knew I was there when my light disappeared in the mud.

See Frank, Stillhouse is worth diving. Sounds like a good place for the annual Swampers convention.

I have really missed diving Stillhouse with you Gary, hopefully I can correct that when the water warms up a bit.

Interested YES...............need date

I was reading the discussion about when in the 'Late Spring Fling' thread. It just reminded me I was wanting to go to Balmorhea this spring and so I thought I would post a thread.

My schedule is pretty flexible if I know in advance. I have a granddaughter who starts class Feb 9. As soon as I can work the trip out, I want to take her out to Balmorhea diving. It would be great if we can make it a swamper event.

Willie

Back
Top Bottom