Balmorhea anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Guba - how far is it from Balmorhea to Carlsbad Caverns - we might incorporate a bat viewing :wink:

Hey Guba - how far is it from Balmorhea to Carlsbad Caverns - we might incorporate a bat viewing :wink:

It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive... There's also Lea Lake near Roswell too..

Hey guys,

Just got back from Balmorhea and you guys missed a great weekend. There were only about 6 of us diving the whole weekend and the weather was absolutely perfect. Clear, warm water with a huge amount of fish, turtles and diving ducks. I'll try and post some pictures a little later this week.

Just got back from Balmorhea and you guys missed a great weekend. There were only about 6 of us diving the whole weekend and the weather was absolutely perfect. Clear, warm water with a huge amount of fish, turtles and diving ducks. I'll try and post some pictures a little later this week.

Glad you had a good weekend. We had a good weekend at Spring Lake as well, although the sun didnt come out until just before we left on Sunday.

Willie

Hey, Willie
Glad ya'll missed what we had up here...it SLEETED for two hours Saturday morning, and we had ice on the ground until Sunday morning! Talk about freaky weather! Got me to thinking, though...have any of our die-hard divers ever been diving in sleet?

Hey Guba,

I have a video (was originally on super 8) of a bunch of us diving Blue Hole with 8 inches of snow on the ground and in the air sometime back around 1980 or 81. It was warmer in the water then out.

I have a video (was originally on super 8) of a bunch of us diving Blue Hole with 8 inches of snow on the ground and in the air sometime back around 1980 or 81. It was warmer in the water then out.

Now, that sounds like fun. You should post the video on YouTube or Vimeo and then give us the link.

Willie

One of my diving friends in Christian Divers of Texas is a fellow from Minnesota (go figure...CDOT members in other states). He told me of diving in EIGHT degrees! The water was significantly warmer than the air, that's for sure, but then 33 degree water is too cold for me. Brave souls.

Back
Top Bottom