Balmorhea anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was at Balmorhea two weeks ago, but I could be convinced to go again. Is it far away? Sure, my GPS unit showed it was 397 miles from my doorstep. Is it small? A bit, but with vis and temperatures like that, I can adapt. Bottom line is my friends and i always seem to have a good time when we go there.
Drop a couple of dates on us, and that'll help make up my mind. Hope to see ya'll there!

need to check this place off the list. give some dates and I'll check our schedule. this place is like 10 hrs from Houston, am I correct?

That should be about right. In fact, if you are in Houston, you are closer to Florida than you are Balmorhea. (Just thought I'd throw that in for perspective...)

That should be about right. In fact, if you are in Houston, you are closer to Florida than you are Balmorhea. (Just thought I'd throw that in for perspective...)

Interesting factoid, Guba !

I'd like to go, although it wouldn't be until April until I would be able to get out there. This time of the year is my favorite though just because of the ducks!

Didn't think about it that way:shocked2: Big "O" here we come. I just moved the watering hole in the desert down my list.

Well, I certainly didn't intend to dissuade anyone from diving Balmorhea. It's certainly one of those "unique" dive log entries...how often can you say you went diving in the middle of a desert? Plus, Balmorhea can be used as a springboard for other interesting destinations in the area. Take a trip up into the Davis Mountains, go see the Observatory there, swing north toward Carlsbad caverns, go see the Marfa lights, or just relax at the State Park. It's a good trip, so don't move it too far down on the list.

My buddy and I are looking at the July 4 weekend to head out if anyone is interested...

I'm planning on being at Balmorhea next weekend (Feb 13-15) I need to get my wife back in the water. Let me know if anyone else wants to join me.

I will be at Aquarena that weekend with my granddaughter getting her OW dives done.

Willie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom