Ballard shooting a movie in Poland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe, maybe you need a permission if you are a Polish or German cititzen but thats no laws that apply on other nationalities....For exampel, I cant dive on the Estonia (as Swedish cititzen) but Germans can, like they did with Jutta Rabe.......The polish navy visited us last year, and they had nothing to say. This year they just watched us occationally from a very far distance.......Picture is from the bridge on Goya, depth is about 60 meters.......

Well
It's just a matter of time and taste.
I would not dive on a wreck that is a cementary of 7 thousand people.
But that's me.
Mania

I think the story of this ship is so very sad. I've just been learning about since Christmas. Soviets "murdering" Germans.... 7000 innocent people dying. Yes I know it was the Germans who murdered too, but it was the end of the war, and they were refugees. IMHO, 7000 unnecessary deaths.

This ship deserves respect. I think if divers want to dive it to tell the story, good on them. All stories of tragedy need to be told so people give it proper respect. Most Allied countries see this sinking with positive note. Huh?

As for the politics of this ship and this thread... whatever. Let's just tell people about this ship and it's dead so it can be remembered.

I cant agree more with you mrobinson......We are taking pictures and filming all three of the refugee ships Goya, Steuben and Gustloff just to let people know and tell this sad story. One of us is even writing a new book about the whole story. And another picture from Goya :)

Sweet! You must post it when it's complete! (English version?)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom