Baldpate Pond Boxford

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

petrieps

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has any ever dove Baldpate pond in Boxford. I'm thinking of trying it out within the next couple of weeks. I've spent a lot of time fishing the pond and have always wondered if it would be worth diving.
It's listed at 41 feet max depth and a mostly gravel bottom. Might be some interesting finds.

I live in boxford and would try it with you.

Sound good mmerriman. I'm gonna try and get there this week and scout. Hopefully there's a good entry point. The entry off Balpate road looks like it might be too long of a swim to get any depth. I'm thinking somewhere off Nelson Road might be good, if there is any access.

Sounds interesting, but I see that Camp Dennison is adjacent and allows canoe / kayaking but does not allow swimming. If all of the water is under park control this might be an issue.

Sounds interesting, but I see that Camp Dennison is adjacent and allows canoe / kayaking but does not allow swimming. If all of the water is under park control this might be an issue.

Yes, you are correct, thank you. I just spoke with a friend of mine who works for the town and he confirmed it, there is no swimming anywhere on the pond. Too bad! As kids we swam there all the time. I just assumed it would be fine.

Baldpate pond is a medium sized; 66-acre natural great pond located about two miles south of Route 133 on Baldpate Road. Maximum depth is 41 feet; average depth 17 feet. Transparency is good, extending to 11 feet. The bottom is mostly gravel, with accumulations of muck in the coves. Aquatic vegetation is common along the northeastern, eastern and southeastern shores.

While much of the shoreline is publicly owned, there are no public parking or launching facilities (these were closed due to vandalism and teenage parties). Roadside parking is available off Baldpate Road on the pond’s western end, however, and car top boats and canoes can be launched from there.

I've run into this with a couple of sites I've checked into. Have even proposed organizing an UW cleanup in order to get access without sucess.

It's a great time to dive fresh water, Petrieps there is an awesome N.H lake at too far north of you called Merrymeeting lake. Never dove it but it's real clear and deep Great time now with no boat traffic

It's a great time to dive fresh water, Petrieps there is an awesome N.H lake at too far north of you called Merrymeeting lake. Never dove it but it's real clear and deep Great time now with no boat traffic

That does look like a good lake to try. Could find much info about diving it. I did find a chart and it looks like it does get pretty deep not far from shore in some places. Do you know what the shore accessibility is like?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom