Bailout Gas Plan on DiveProMe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

many people and many opinions, I'm a little confused
The PPO2 for planning using 1.4 for active phases of a dive and 1.6 for decompression isn't really an opinion; it's very much standard practice, the normal way of planning.

It's rather moot anyway as MultiDeco does allow those figures to be overridden.

The only question is does DiveProMe allow people to use it in a normal mode?

The PPO2 for planning using 1.4 for active phases of a dive and 1.6 for decompression isn't really an opinion; it's very much standard practice, the normal way of planning.

It's rather moot anyway as MultiDeco does allow those figures to be overridden.

The only question is does DiveProMe allow people to use it in a normal mode?
I understand it better. Your question is good enough, I think the developer can give an answer. We need to see how the application works.

First, thanks for using DiveProMe! Quick reply you got it right. It's a workaround to use a 1% offset.

Could you (or anyone else!) Explain what I do wrong here as I only get the bailoutgas to be used on the Deco-stops?

Dive

Could you (or anyone else!) Explain what I do wrong here as I only get the bailoutgas to be used on the Deco-stops?

Dive
I've been trying to do another plan today with much frustration. Try adding another lean-ish deco gas i.e. EAN28. For some reason this can trigger TMX blends to be used as bailout from max depth. I've no idea why.

The pictures show what happens when I change the deco blend from EAN50 to EAN28. Is this a s/w glitch or a technical reason I'm ignorant of?
1725297020751.png
1725296980851.png

I've been trying to do another plan today with much frustration. Try adding another lean-ish deco gas i.e. EAN28. For some reason this can trigger TMX blends to be used as bailout from max depth. I've no idea why.

The pictures show what happens when I change the deco blend from EAN50 to EAN28. Is this a s/w glitch or a technical reason I'm ignorant of?View attachment 859285View attachment 859284
Just to say that the MOD for 28% is either
  • 1.4 PPO2 / 0.28 (mix O2 percentage) = 5 ATA = 40m
  • 1.6 / 0.28 = 5.7 ATA = 47m
If you've a bottom bailout of 18/29, that's probably the best gas to get on to and stay on until the first stop. You don't want to be changing gas in the fast part of the ascent -- ascend at 9m/sec then stop, change gas, re-ascend at 9m/s... not good. Ascend at 9m/s all the way to the first stop then change gas.

How the algorithm works in DiveProMe is a mystery though.

As far as MultiDeco is concerned, you want to differentiate the diluent from the bottom bailout so you can explicitly choose the bailout gas (the special case of people using dil-out excepted)

For a 60m dive, you need a decent rich deco gas of at least 50% otherwise you'll be held at deco for a long time (and run out of that deco gas).

Just to say that the MOD for 28% is either
  • 1.4 PPO2 / 0.28 (mix O2 percentage) = 5 ATA = 40m
  • 1.6 / 0.28 = 5.7 ATA = 47m
If you've a bottom bailout of 18/29, that's probably the best gas to get on to and stay on until the first stop. You don't want to be changing gas in the fast part of the ascent -- ascend at 9m/sec then stop, change gas, re-ascend at 9m/s... not good. Ascend at 9m/s all the way to the first stop then change gas.

How the algorithm works in DiveProMe is a mystery though.

As far as MultiDeco is concerned, you want to differentiate the diluent from the bottom bailout so you can explicitly choose the bailout gas (the special case of people using dil-out excepted)

For a 60m dive, you need a decent rich deco gas of at least 50% otherwise you'll be held at deco for a long time (and run out of that deco gas).
I don't wish to get in to a conversation about the relevance of EAN28, just highlight that the first image shows an ascent on the loop from 60m to 30m (note there is no consumption figure for 18/30), which clearly isn't possible if you have to bailout from max depth. I need to consider other s/w, too many bugs here.
1725299486896.png

Thanks for asking :) We do cave diving all over the world. Cuba, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Hungary, Russia, France, Bulgaria....
We also do technical wreck diving. Great Lakes, Black Sea, Baltic Sea, Barents Sea. Personally, I was in my youth engaged in commercial diving. But without saturation. 15 years ago finished with this hard work ...
In general, we dive a lot and varied. You can see a little about it here: Alexey Vlasov

I don't wish to get in to a conversation about the relevance of EAN28, just highlight that the first image shows an ascent on the loop from 60m to 30m (note there is no consumption figure for 18/30), which clearly isn't possible if you have to bailout from max depth. I need to consider other s/w, too many bugs here.View attachment 859289
Without the plan settings, it is unclear from the screenshot what is wrong with this plan. Most likely the problem is in the plan settings. please use the special “Share Your Plan”
1725958191233.png
button to generate a link with your plan. It is convenient to use online. You can get all your settings at once and understand what goes wrong.

Second. The problem is scheduling. Now you have made a plan to dive in air to 100 meters and use Tx12/65 for decompression. That's not gonna be right. Obviously, if you don't plan at all correctly, there will be problems. Check out the tutorial video playlist on how to use DiveProMe and how to do classic dive planning: .

The obvious bugs have been pointed out to you above. If you are still sure you are doing it right, please fill out a bug report here:

Anyway thanks for the feedback and attention!

Back
Top Bottom