Bailout Gas Plan on DiveProMe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JCM@Atlam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I recently completed my Mod1 on a Fathom Gemini and have been trying to do a bailout gas plan using the DiveProMe app. For some reason, when I press 'bailout', it isn't calculating open circuit gas consumption from the bottom depth, rather it is calculating it from the 1st stop on the ascent. I've tried inputting multiple deco gases, changing PPO2 settings, changing the runtime/depth but it makes no difference. On a 40m dive it is actually rather trivial as the ascent from the bottom to the first stop isn't that deep and doesn't take long but if you were at significant depth, it would become material. I've shared the link to my attempt

I'm not entirely sure I understand the output, since I've never seen that app, but it looks like it's only calculating for your 50% and O2 gases. Add air as a third bailout and see if that works.

You also probably don't need to be running 50% and O2. Pick one or the other and have air as the second bailout. At MOD 1, you should really only need air as bailout anyway. If you are just messing around with the app to figure out how it works, thats great though.

Apologies, the original link didn't work correctly, it should link to my actual plan now. I have actually figured out that there is a bug. The app doesn't like it when you have one of your bailout blends identical to your diluent blend (which will always be the case on a Gemini plan). I bodged it by changing the helium content on the TMX bailout by 1%. Works fine now and provides an OC consumption figure from max depth

You do have 2 sidemount tanks on you for offboard DIL right? (Like a sidewinder)
Unless your doing an overhead environment shouldn’t that be your OC bailout?
(I’m not trying to be condescending I’m a noob and ask earnestly 😅)

You do have 2 sidemount tanks on you for offboard DIL right? (Like a sidewinder)
Unless your doing an overhead environment shouldn’t that be your OC bailout?
(I’m not trying to be condescending I’m a noob and ask earnestly 😅)
Short hose (left) for offboard dil/bailout. Long hose (right) for another bailout gas.

The dive plan I was doing was primarily to illustrate the problem with the app rather than an actual training dive.

I gotta try it for myself (seems like a cool tool)
Congrats on completing mod1 btw

Short hose (left) for offboard dil/bailout. Long hose (right) for another bailout gas.

The dive plan I was doing was primarily to illustrate the problem with the app rather than an actual training dive.
So how many air tanks/ tanks in total? Just 2?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom