Baggage fees.. Tightening the Screws

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeesh..now I am thinking about the reclining seat issue...golly that beefs me too !!! Let's see, perhaps if I down a couple of screwdrivers AND take a benadryl right before boarding, then I will miss all the "fun" during the flight. DH and I are thinking about a GBR trip next year....how safe is it to be "put under" for a 14 hour flight ???? :sarcasm::silly::sleeping2:

Don't know how people do the long flights .... anything more than 2-3 hours and I'm going stir crazy. I guess I'm waiting for Scotty to 'beam me up' and drop me off at the GBR .... otherwise, don't think I'm going to make it in this lifetime!

Don't know how people do the long flights .... anything more than 2-3 hours and I'm going stir crazy. I guess I'm waiting for Scotty to 'beam me up' and drop me off at the GBR .... otherwise, don't think I'm going to make it in this lifetime!
The longest I've done in coach was the 7.5 hour HNL-GUM flight, 3 trips to Micronesia = 6 flights total. The worst was when they had a last minute change of aircraft once and my row # didn't exist on the new plane's configuration. They found me a seat in the middle of a group of 5 seats (a 2-5-2 configuration). On my 4th trip to Micronesia, I flew in biz class and enjoyed the flight. Fortunately I've accrued quite a few air miles as our last "big" dive trip involved the 18-hour BKK-LAX round trip which is onerous enough in business class, unfathomable in coach.

We have fathomed about 24 hours in coach to Indonesia. On JAL, which has hard, hard little seats. And on the longer legs, I had the middle. On the up side, we could check two bags apiece, and there was liquor. But not nearly enough.

Since when did travel, let alone cheap travel, become a "right" or a "necessity"? If you can't afford it, simply don't go. Stay at home.

Otherwise, should air travel be government subsidized for low-income people as many utilities are?

Heck, until recently, medical insurance/medical care wasn't considered something necessary for all Americans, and there's little doubt that the nation's health care system "robs" people as much as any airline. $30 for a 50 lb bag seems much more reasonable than $30 for an aspirin pill in a hospital. Do you believe air travel is as important for Americans' well-being as medical care?
I believe living in general should be affordable. Sorry wont change my mind on it. But as far as the asprin LOL I work in a hospital your shooting cheap at $30.00 an asprin.

My longest trip was JFK-ICN on OZ. 15h3m total flight time. I must say I enjoyed the flight big time and so did my wife. We had a good sleep and great food. It helped we had 1A and 1K seats :)

Yeesh..now I am thinking about the reclining seat issue...golly that beefs me too !!! Let's see, perhaps if I down a couple of screwdrivers AND take a benadryl right before boarding, then I will miss all the "fun" during the flight. DH and I are thinking about a GBR trip next year....how safe is it to be "put under" for a 14 hour flight ???? :sarcasm::silly::sleeping2:

Fly Quantus or Singapore Airlines... and avoid the issues ;-)

Eh, I drive 70 miles each way for dinner with the kids sometimes.

When my dad was a kid, they took a wagon and camped near Lubbock going and coming each. It could be worse.

Eh, I drive 70 miles each way for dinner with the kids sometimes.

When my dad was a kid, they took a wagon and camped near Lubbock going and coming each. It could be worse.

My dad used to tell me that when he was a kid he had to walk to school, 5 miles each way, in waist deep snow, uphill both ways..:D

My dad used to tell me that when he was a kid he had to walk to school, 5 miles each way, in waist deep snow, uphill both ways..:D
Mine rode one of the mules when available, not needed plowing.

Back
Top Bottom