Baggage fees.. Tightening the Screws

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's probably easier to get the gum off bare feet, but J has me convinced I'll get ringworm.

Still, knowing some of the highlights of humanity I've spied in airports, I'm not convinced that it was a kid that spat the gum on the floor. Might have even been one of the TSA agents :D

No wager here, it's already begun:
A decision by Australian airline Jetstar to let a passenger off with a warning after he urinated in the aisle during a flight from Auckland to Singapore -- spraying one man and wetting a woman's scarf -- sparked anger Wednesday.
The man, who was a passenger on the flight Monday, made the unsavory bathroom stop about six hours into the 11-hour flight, the New Zealand Herald reported.

Drunk Man Who Urinated In Aisle during Flight To Singapore Let Off With Warning

About 35 minutes later, when she tried to go to the bathroom, the flight attendants directed her to a different lavatory. Instead, she pulled down her pants and urinated on the floor,

Affadavit: Woman Who Caused Plane Diversion Urinated on Floor, Passed Notes to Crew - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

SkyWest Airlines apologized to a passenger who said he wasn't allowed to use the restroom during a one-hour flight and ended up urinating in an air-sickness bag after two "really big beers."

Passenger who urinated in air-sickness bag gets apology from airline - USATODAY.com

A United Airlines flight was diverted to Charlotte after a passenger lit a
cigarette, argued with a flight attendant, then urinated in the plane's aisle,
the airline said.

USATODAY.com - Flight diverted after passenger smokes, urinates in aisle

As Mastercard says.. Priceless..:mooner:

I think I will just drive next time I go to Cozumel, anyone want to carpool?
Shotgun!!! :auto:
I don't travel light, I don't whine about baggage fees, I don't do laundry on vacation, and I don't feel like I need to defend my underwear choices to anyone. YMMV. :D
As long as you don’t share details and we don’t smell them….. :nopile:

Why do you think we fought that war 200+ years ago.. we like to whine..:D
You know that’s what it was. Samuel Adams was sitting around drinking a ….. Samuel Adams? And b&*$ching about the baggage fees on paper and such….. :citation:
And I'll add my personal story, which occurred over 20 years ago. We were on a bus from Tijuana to Mexicali in order to catch a train to Guadalajara and then connect to Mexico City, back when Mexico still had an intact train system. The bus was first-class, meaning no chickens aboard and they purportedly had a bathroom. Good thing, since my on-board refreshment consisted of a six-pack of Carta Blanca. Unfortunately, by the time I was finished, and my weak bladder ready to burst, the bathroom had already broken (we were in the front of the bus, the bathroom in the back, and you could still smell how broken it was, especially since Mexicans keep the windows shut tightly on buses to avoid the "mal aire" which apparently means air that is not tainted by used frijoles). With no airsick bag in sight, my only recourse was to refill each of the Carta Blanca bottles, which luckily were easy to re-cap. However, the bus at one point went up a steep hill, and my personal stash of 6 urine samples all went rolling to the back of the bus. Oops.

To this day, I wonder if anyone (or rather, how many) saw the free beer rolling down in their direction and opted to take a swig. Given the similarity of Carta Blanca and urine, it's entirely possible that someone may have finished off the bottle without realizing the bait and switch.

I wanna party with you, Garth…. :hippy::shelli:

So how do you dive with that in 40-55F waters?
Huh???:idk:

What 40-55F water? I think 76 is about as cool at the water around CZM gets.

In other words, What you talkin bout Willis???? :idk:

Try diving with that in Great Lakes or SoCal and tell us how it went.
Oh I get it now. Had to go back and read your previous post to have any clue what you were talking about. My answer is simple. For me, any place with water that cold to dive in is not worth the expense of flying to. I live in Missouri. We have Bonne Tere Mine, Oronogo rock quarry, and a couple lakes worth diving if I feel like trying out the farmer john, and I can just drive to them. If I'm getting on a plane to go diving, you can bet it's some place where the most I'll need is a shorty. :D

In CZM, I don't even wear that much. I have a long sleeve 1.5 mil neoprene surf jacket I use. It takes up about as much space in my dive bag as a pair of swimming trunks.

If I'm getting on a plane to go diving, you can bet it's some place where the most I'll need is a shorty.
There are outstanding sights in Puget Sound you won't see anywhere else, and I greatly enjoyed Catalina Is CA, NC wrecks, St Lawrence river wrecks, etc. I guess you knock yourself out of diving Cenotes too. :idk:

There are outstanding sights in Puget Sound you won't see anywhere else, and I greatly enjoyed Catalina Is CA, NC wrecks, St Lawrence river wrecks, etc. I guess you knock yourself out of diving Cenotes too. :idk:
I didn't need more that my usual CZM neoprene for the Cenote.

Please allow me to vent....

I HATE DELTA!! Won't use them again.

Traveled from New Orleans to Cozumel last week via Atlanta. Boarding the plane took an extra 45 minutes because of a large group of band kids trying to board. They were at the airport before 5 am lined up & ready. Delta just couldn't handle the large group and amount of extra baggage (instruments I suppose)

Then between Atlanta & Coz on the smaller MD88 my carry on had to be gate checked due to size. Smaller plane = smaller carry on bag size allowance. This ended up costing me an extra 2 x $30 for the two bags on the way home.

Flight delay in Atlanta heading back to NOLA.

I hate Delta and won't fly with them again. Gosh I also miss that direct Houston to Coz flight too...

Please allow me to vent....

I HATE DELTA!! Won't use them again.

Traveled from New Orleans to Cozumel last week via Atlanta. Boarding the plane took an extra 45 minutes because of a large group of band kids trying to board. They were at the airport before 5 am lined up & ready. Delta just couldn't handle the large group and amount of extra baggage (instruments I suppose)

Then between Atlanta & Coz on the smaller MD88 my carry on had to be gate checked due to size. Smaller plane = smaller carry on bag size allowance. This ended up costing me an extra 2 x $30 for the two bags on the way home.

Flight delay in Atlanta heading back to NOLA.

I hate Delta and won't fly with them again. Gosh I also miss that direct Houston to Coz flight too...

Did you make your connection in Atlanta for Cozumel and then your connection in Atlanta back to NOLA??? Not defending Delta and really could care less who you fly but if your expectation is for your flights to be ontime and without any sort of small issue you will disappointed just abut every time your travel. Honestly, if you to made all your connections, and got to Cozumel close to ontime you have no real reason to complain. FWIW, Delta and just about any other airline publish the size jet they are flying right on their webpage. Many airline fly the smaller regional jets that have small overheads that require most carry ons to be gate checked.

if your expectation is for your flights to be ontime and without any sort of small issue you will disappointed just abut every time your travel.

I prefer not to lower my expectations, especially when I'm the one paying the bill!

I prefer not to lower my expectations, especially when I'm the one paying the bill!
I hear you but honestly I would rather be a realist and not get upset about anything that does not have a "big picture" affect on my travels. Getting delayed 45 minutes but making my connection and having to gate check a carry on flying on a regional jet hardly qualifies as a vacation changer or a 2nd thought. I understand and accept that air travel is not always pleasant and choose to deal with it because I refuse to let it get in my way of totally enjoying my trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom