Bag drag question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd planned on catching the ADO bus, but according to last week's schedule, there's about a 5 hour gap around our arrival time which would result in us having to take the 10 pm ferry across.
I don't know your date & time of arrival, but I think you're looking at the schedule wrong. They use a 24 hour clock like most of the world, so the only 5 hour gap is between 02:40 (2:40am) and 07:55 (7:55am). From the Cancun airport to the PDC 5th ave station, there are two or three departures per hour for most of the day. Generally every 20-30 minutes from 8am to midnight. You never know what time your plane will actually arrive or how long it will take to clear I&C, but there will be a bus leaving shortly afterwards regardless.

I don't know your date & time of arrival, but I think you're looking at the schedule wrong. They use a 24 hour clock like most of the world, so the only 5 hour gap is between 02:40 (2:40am) and 0:755 (7:55am).
I'm sure you mean 07:55. :D

A small threadjack, but still on the bag drag topic.

Does anybody here have first-hand experience with the Happy Shuttle in Cancun for getting from CUN to the ferry in Playa? We have a trip coming up soon and I'd planned on catching the ADO bus, but according to last week's schedule, there's about a 5 hour gap around our arrival time which would result in us having to take the 10 pm ferry across.

I'd rather get there sooner, so the shuttle looks like a good option if ADO's schedule remains the same, but I'd feel better knowing the shuttle is reliable.

Can anybody give feedback, or suggest other alternatives?

ADO bus runs less than 30 minutes apart from 500 PM to after 900 PM.

More info often helps.

Arrival time?

How many people?

Aha. Looks like it was a Google translate glitch

110619-001.png

Once I didn't translate the website and navigated through using my best Spanglish, I'm seeing a timetable that makes me much more comfortable.

Thanks for the feedback, y'all!

Arrival time 4:45 pm on a Sunday.
I guess you did not read my post...
They use a 24 hour clock like most of the world, so the only 5 hour gap is between 02:40 (2:40am) and 07:55 (7:55am). From
Ok, you realized your mistake and edited your last post. Fine.

Google translate is erroneously converting Hrs to PM. Those are AM departures. Here are yours...
upload_2019-11-6_11-30-58.png

In Playa last week I was approached by at least two different colectivo drivers who were offering a ride to the airport for $200 MX, just a few pesos less than the bus but they also said they do the run in 45 minutes instead of an hour. The main problem I see with the colectivo is that they tend to wait until they are full whereas the bus has a more definite schedule. The colectivo guys were right in front of the ADO station so they were easy to find, but you would have to find them. So far the ADO has always stopped at Terminal 4 first (which is my terminal) and one colectivo guy said yes, they stop at all of the terminals (as needed, no doubt) but didn't say which was first. An option, anyway.

A small threadjack, but still on the bag drag topic.

Does anybody here have first-hand experience with the Happy Shuttle in Cancun for getting from CUN to the ferry in Playa? We have a trip coming up soon and I'd planned on catching the ADO bus, but according to last week's schedule, there's about a 5 hour gap around our arrival time which would result in us having to take the 10 pm ferry across.

I'd rather get there sooner, so the shuttle looks like a good option if ADO's schedule remains the same, but I'd feel better knowing the shuttle is reliable.

Can anybody give feedback, or suggest other alternatives?

I've used them a few times. Outstanding operation. Totally reliable and honest.

We had just come off the ferry, winnjet, and were heading to the bus station. 2 or 3 taxi guys approached us, one was 500 and another 750 pesos. Our bicycle/porter guy said the collectivo/taxi was 200 pesos each. We gave it a try as we were 20+ minutes before the next bus left for Cancun. There were 4 of us in the taxi, 2 going to T2 and the 2 of us to T3. Made the trip in about 40-45 minutes right to the front of the airport.

Back
Top Bottom