Bad news from Galapagos, Aggressor 1 Liveaboard is out of service 06/13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc

Was RoatanMan
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Chicago & O'Hare heading thru TSA 5x per year
# of dives
None - Not Certified
06-13-13 Thursday morning at approximately 2:45 AM, the Aggressor I ran aground. No one hurt. Been waiting as I had heard different things and the 'official' word was that it could be fairly quickly repaired. Not the case. Looks like it is going to be a total loss if the photo I have is any indication. Too low rez to post, waiting for better.

Aggressor scurrying this week to accommodate all bookings, a substantial number given the many 2 for 1 sales they had run.

This happened on the rocky shoreline across from Cousins Rock. Hard to believe it happened at all. Seems scavengers have already been through the ship and fishermen diving for what might be underwater, typical in this event. Aggressor supposed to send out an email today or tomorrow.

Damn

Very sad but fortunate no injuries and that it happened on a Thursday morning close to the end of their week - everyone due to disembark later that morning. I am sure we will hear from those on board and I trust that everyone got off with all their possessions. I have today been in touch with aggressor and they have been working hard to take care of all their bookings and for the next two weeks the GNP (Galapagos National Park) has agreed to allow one of the Buddy boats that happened to be available, to operate the same itinerary as the Aggressor. After that they will be looking at the best solutions to take care of all clients.

Wow, that's gonna make for an interesting "trip report" from the Aggressor fleet on their thread.....:wink:

Are you saying that they may be censored? No way...

I just got back from a liveaboard trip in Galapagos (not an Aggressor) and we passed by one of the Aggressor boats, I think 1, grounded on rocks. I heard that the boat hit rocks in the middle of the night on the way back from the north islands. I was told it suck around 6/12 but saw it on rocks as we passed by on 6/15.

The rocks were closer to one of the islands (Santa Cruz maybe?) next to the normal route. I can't imagine how this happened given its such a regular route taken for years by these boat.

But I post this so that those who have an Aggressor trip booked know to check in to see what will happen!

:popcorn:

I started a thread thread before seeing this one. I was on a different liveaboard trip and passed by the Aggressor wreck on Saturday 6/15. it was listing and about half under water. I don't know anything about what is recoverable - but the potential to recover it didn't even cross my mind.

It did seem quite odd to me as these rocks seemed to be between the normal route this boat must take every week and shore.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tr...-america/457872-galapagos-aggressor-sunk.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom