Bad news from Galapagos, Aggressor 1 Liveaboard is out of service 06/13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Aggressor I has been refloated and is being towed to Guayaquil. It will take a bit to know the extent of the damage. In the meantime, for anyone affected, the other liveaboards in Galapagos are being very generous in all attempts to relocate those affected. Aggressor 2 passengers will not be affected at all. No one booked on Aggressor after Sept 26 is affected at all.

If anyone needs to be put on another liveaboard and you're finding it tricky, please feel free to get in touch. We would be more than happy to see if we can help. We have managed to relocate a number of people in Aug and Sept.

Leslie@DiveTheGalapagos.com

Interesting response - what would you suggest they offer the survivors.

Well, considering their last response of 100 dollars for a horrid trip experience I would guess they offer 5 or 10 dollars off another trip...

No trip report yet. Would be interested to know what caused the accident so I can be in the lookout while I drive my boat.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

No trip report yet. Would be interested to know what caused the accident so I can be in the lookout while I drive my boat.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I gathered from the first post that it was running into rocks that was the problem. Don't do that. The results are bad. Ask the guy who drove the Costa Concordia.

c01_36991800.jpg

It didn't work out too well for the Valdez, either.

Time_cover-Joseph_Hazelwood_Exxon_Valdez_July_24_1989.img_assist_custom-250x329.jpg

:hmmm: I was hoping for a more in depth account.

perhaps there charts were bad, or a peice of equipment failed.

of course I doubt we will ever be told if it turns out it was human error.

Is there some investigation that occurs in these situations?

:hmmm: I was hoping for a more in depth account.

perhaps there charts were bad, or a peice of equipment failed.

of course I doubt we will ever be told if it turns out it was human error.

Is there some investigation that occurs in these situations?

Or, they fell asleep on a long night crossing. I would bet on that one.

difficult to think that an operation such as this would not want to know and inform it's potential customers what the problem was and how they resolved it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4 Beta

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom