Bad experience with LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok so I just got back from the LDS I always rent,buy and get service at and was really disappointed with their customer service.
So my question is, has it ever happen to anyone here and how did you manage this issue?

Is this common practice for pretty much any dive shop or they should just loose the two of us as customers?
I agree w/ the above posts. However, if you were one of my loyal customers then I would give you a credit in both cases for a future rental. ( Even if you were a new customer, I believe it make cents in the long run to give you a credit! )

Didn't dive because of rain?

Find a dive shop with different policies. Personally, I would not have expected a refund, they rent equipment and what I do or don't do with it is my business. I might have received a refund because I've been using the shop for 20+ years, and if they didn't have to turn away another diver for lack of rental gear.

Bob
----------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

Business is business, you left the shop with gear you had rented, but I would have cut you some kind of deal so I clear my feet and you (hopefully) don't feel ripped-off and come back.

there was a storm last night with winds up to 40mph and it was pouring this morning. had to stop on the highway to wait for rain to clear off.

Oh, around here we get rain without necessarily having a storm, point taken.

Bob
------------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

I called a dive on account of rain a couple weeks ago ... and I live in an area where it rains a lot. But it was dumping cows and kittens and I was having trouble seeing the road to get to the dive site.

No wind ... but when it rains that hard the runoff makes the water rather murkier than usual ... so I called my student and said "not today" ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

As a dive shop owner I have been on the other side. Customer rented a full set up brought it back 3 days late and didn't want to pay because I am only open until 8 pm. Of course the fact that I came in on my day off so they would not have to pay for an extra day and they did not show up never entered into the equation. Honestly I have become so disillusioned with people thinking that I as a dive shop have to absorb all the losses because this is your hobby is quite disheartening.

You did rent the gear, you just didn't use it.
That's not the dive shops fault.
They don't know what you did or didn't do.

Example:
A guy could rent a tux for his wedding then have a run away bride. Does that mean he should get his money back for the tux rental?

If that happened to me, I am fully prepared to pay (I already did pay) but I am also prepared to ask *nicely* for a store credit, and maybe I will get one, maybe not.

Maybe I will come back to that shop, maybe not.

- Bill

I wish my LDS offered anything other then an AL80 so you are lucky there.

Why are you still renting tanks for local diving? Travis (fresh water) begs for steel 80's or 100's. Call Scuba Toys and get going...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom