Back mount, side mount, wing, bcd, split fins, non split fins, lions tigers and bears, Oh My!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

either way, the Litehawk would be going up against the Hunterpac from Dive Rite and call it the same price. I get made in USA, from a small business with known legendary customer service, and a lifetime warranty vs 1 yr. My money doesn't go to SP....

Is it valid to compare reasonably priced bp/w and a black inflates with the top of the line SP jacket BCD?

I see the advantages of bp/w but initial cost isn't one of them

The Zeagle Ranger runs between $750 and $1,000, depending on which model you purchase. In my area it's one of the best selling BCDs on the market ... and also the one that's easiest to pick up at a fraction of the initial purchase price on Craigslist.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Cheapest sp back inflate is the litehawk @$410. It is not discontinued. They have changed models and the old one is on leisure pro for $250

I will buy that the DSS is the best performing bp/w as well as being one of the least expensive. I just think to characterize jackets as being a $800 expense is not a fair comparison.

Jmo

DSS makes fine equipment ... back when they were a fledgling company I was one of Tobin's product testers, and still own several DSS wings and backplates. That said, they are not one of the least expensive. They are less expensive than Halcyon ... but so is everyone else. A DSS stainless backplate runs around $215. You can purchase one from Hollis, Hog, Highland, OMS and Dive-Rite for much less.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

DSS makes fine equipment ... back when they were a fledgling company I was one of Tobin's product testers, and still own several DSS wings and backplates. That said, they are not one of the least expensive. They are less expensive than Halcyon ... but so is everyone else. A DSS stainless backplate runs around $215. You can purchase one from Hollis, Hog, Highland, OMS and Dive-Rite for much less.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

on a component level they certainly aren't cheap, but as a complete rig they are priced competitively or lower than most everyone else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom