back grown check

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadiver1302001:
Do you think back grown check on the dive master or instructor that works with kids should be done?

yes or no
if no why?
if yes help make it a law

No, but most employers do background checks on employees.

A background check does not prevent someone from being hired.

The USA has PLENTY of legislation in place. At this point, I'm anti legislation as our system has PLENTY of laws that they already can not, and do not enforce. Meanwhile they are busy enforcing the petty traffic laws in the name of the mighty dollar, but that is a separate issue.

I've never understood the thinking that goes....

Killing people is illegal. The murder rate is up. Hey, let's make killing people MORE illegal by passing additional legislation.

Somehow our legislators seem to have faith in the above thinking process. Actually, I think they have faith in the idea that if they pass more laws, the perception is that things are getting done.

The OP originally posted a complaint that a LDS had hired a child molester which I am VERY sure where this is coming from. IMO I'm not sure we should continue to prosecute individuals beyond their original punishment.

Crimes against children are a tough call however, but I think it's a call that needs to be made on a case by case basis. For example, I don't think a 18 year old that is having relations with a 17 year old in a state where such relationships maybe actionable is wrong, but that is a case where if such an individual was prosecuted, they could be scarred for life.

This would be an exception, but that is the point. Things need to be handled on a more individual basis, and I will leave that up to business owners, lawyers, and law enforcement to do so.

Maybe what we really need is more law enforcement, and said enforcement targeted at something other than traffic violations.

RonFrank:
The OP originally posted a complaint that a LDS had hired a child molester which I am VERY sure where this is coming from. IMO I'm not sure we should continue to prosecute individuals beyond their original punishment.

No. That wasn't the deal at all.

well, what was it?

I am having a hard time imagining.

hypothetically?

scubadiver1302001:
do you all wont me to go away or what?

You're doing fine, Thomas. You have to remember that the only way we can communicate around here is with our written words. You are just going to have to accept that you have a hard time expressing what you mean and others will target that for attack. That's just the way it goes. No one means any harm and after they get to know you they will read your posts with that in mind. Keep trying.

the deal is if a back grown check it is a safty check for all the kid and the stores
the originally posting got removed and this is the one that SB will let stay
but if what happen to my love one can be stopped with a back grown check then i think it is worth it

scubadiver1302001:
do you all wont me to go away or what?

No, we want to understand what you have to say.
Ber :lilbunny:

scubadiver1302001:
the deal is if a back grown check it is a safty check for all the kid and the stores
the originally posting got removed and this is the one that SB will let stay
but if what happen to my love one can be stopped with a back grown check then i think it is worth it

I do, too.

We do checks at our store.

I would think this sort of thing would be exactly the kind of thing to post.

Couldn't someone help with the wording and leave out the names?

gee, if we cannot talk about THAT...what's the point?

catherine96821:
well, what was it?

I am having a hard time imagining.

hypothetically?

I already said. The details aren't important to the discussion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom