Back from Cozumel and I should have listen to everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

INTRUDERDIVER

Registered
Reaction score
Well my wife and I have just returned from Cozumel and I would have to say that I should have listened to everyone from Scuba Board. :bash: There was nothing wrong with the diving, the water temps where no colder then 81 degrees at 80 + feet. This is the first diving trip that my wife and I have ever been on and I hope that all diving is as great as what we had in Cozumel. We dove with Sand Dollar Sports and our DM Gaberal was fantastic. I hope I am spelling his name right. I faced my biggest fear in the water the very first day in the water. I have never seen a shark so big, this nurse shark had to be about 6 - 8 feet. Even the DM said that was large for a nurse shark. What I should have listen to everyone was about where we were staying. We stayed at the Reef Club Cozumel and I would tell anyone to stay some where else. The food was cold, the service sucked, the beds were rock hard and they did not give us our room that we paid for. They said that we did not pay for a Jr. Suite and gave us a regular room. Well now I am dealing with Apple Vacation to get some money back now. So other then that we did not let the Reef Club ruin our vacation because the diving was great. We plan to make another trip down to Cozumel later this year, but I will not stay at the Reef Club.

Thanks everyone for the advice about the Reef Club, I just wish I would have listened.

Intruder Diver

INTRUDERDIVER:
Thanks everyone for the advice about the Reef Club, I just wish I would have listened.
Sometimes you just gotta learn the hard way. My first trip to Cozumel I did the AI thing. I'd done it before in other locations and liked it but I hated it in Cozumel. Cozumel is addictive so I'm sure you'll be back to try again :).

Did you do all your meals at RC or did you venture into town to try some of the good stuff?

James

Heard a lot of bad things about Reef Club....I was there a few month back and our bathroom overflowed and no-one ever came to fix it. Ever...Service is a problem in Cozumel definately, as many of the inhabitants here refer to island time, and Manana is the word of the day....Maybe I can change that.....

INTRUDERDIVER:
I hope that all diving is as great as what we had in Cozumel.
It's not. Of course there are other great dive spots. IMHO, none offer the combination of great value and great diving that Coz does.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience at Reef. Hopefully you can just decide to remember all the good stuff about being here in Cozumel and chalk the rest of it up to being an adventure! Start making plans now to return because I'm sure you could tell ~ there are lots of great places to stay here on the island and I'm sure you'll find one next time that suits you just fine. Glad you experienced some of our awesome diving! Come on back for more as soon as you can!

Yep, you stayed at the same place I hated so much. But, glad you had a good trip otherwise.

Now, help me warn others about the Reef Club, and look forward to going back somewhere else...

I have friends that bought a condo near the Reef CLub, and I suspected the food sucked. Now you confirmed it. Next time stay in town at a hotel and enjoy the great downtown restaurants.

Sorry about your bad experience at the Reef Club. We were there in March and had the same thing happen to us. We paid for a jr. suite and was told none were available. (heard a rumor it was over-flowing toilets, as well!) We contacted the rep from Funjet at the hotel and we were moved the next day. We are WAITING for our one night refund from them. Oh well. Live and learn. The buffet was awful! blah.....
We will take others advice on staying closer to town.
I saw my first nurse shark also! It was close to the same size! Very cool.

You're hooked for sure!

i have stayed there too..and agree that the service sucked...they didnt give us the correct room either...beautiful place but...we did however get what we paid for after arguing with them for an hour or so...but PLG is good and if you want all inclusive...Hotel Cozumel is beautiful and good food......and Diving with Living underwater is good too...they use steel 120's bottom times are about 90 min per dive....excellent dive op and good Dive masters...they even clean your equipement, set it up for you..
melissa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom