Ax Men Scuba Dive for Logs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They could have been certified by GUE or UTD...result would still be the same.

What is that expression...

Put s*&t in, get s%*t out.

Or.... "you can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t."

"You y'all"??? You ain't from around here are you?

It's just y'all. And if you need to make that plural, then it's "All y'all."

:rofl3:

Oh, yeah! I knew there was a plural but couldn't remember what it was!

You are far enough south until the plural is "y'all two over there"

My question is, what will PADI do since they are advocating thier PADI certs to legitimize them in Commercial Diving Operations. Especcially since I know PADI's stance is that they are a recreational certification agency.

My question is, what will PADI do since they are advocating thier PADI certs to legitimize them in Commercial Diving Operations. Especcially since I know PADI's stance is that they are a recreational certification agency.

Never mind the solo diving and horrible mistakes on national TV?

Let me say first that I am not in an expert of neither PADI policy nor law. However, from what has been gleaned from SB over the last few years, one might be able to make a few observations.
I don't think I've ever heard of a method by which PADI can revoke an individual's OW cert. There are some recourses to jerk the certs of instructors and other diving professionals, though. As far as using the notice on their website, from what I can tell it's merely a statement of fact. They are not promoting or touting PADI training concerning their choses vocation. Therefore, I don't know that PADI can do anything about that.

To someone who knows more about this, chime in and clue us in on this.

I don't think its a question of certs, there using there name and logo.

The simple fact of the matter is that they are idiots. They were doing something that a television reality show found interesting and were thrust into the spotlight. The combination of their idiocy and the pressure laid on them by being a public spectacle just amplifies the stupidity of everything they do. Won't be surprised if one of them ends up dead. And I really feel sorry for the legitimate company that is now having to deal with it all. From the looks of it, they are trapped. You can see it written all over the face of the guy that is from the original operator.

Anyone watch Ax Men last night? The S&S guys are now diving in Florida for logs. What a bunch of screw ups.

They don't have a second diver, they don't have a line to the diver, they forget to keep a watch to watch their time. After 20 minutes into a 5 minute dive, the big guy from the other company finally goes to get the kid and scares him half to death because of zero viz in alligator waters.

Then dad goes in and finds a 5" wide "log". He forgets to connect his inflator hose and blames his kid for it. Then he spends something like 20 minutes trying to fight his way to the surface while significantly over weighted because he forgot he could mouth inflate the BCD.

I hope none of them get killed, but watching the trainwreck is kinda fun.

I watched the show and couldn't believe it. As a PSD it was a nightmare to watch. The crew from FL seems to know what they are doing and must be getting paid A LOT by the show producers to let those idiots use his equipment, time and knowledge. If he isn't he's just as much an idiot. :idk: If it wasn't for the show the FL man should send the dad back to WA to fend for himself with the government and keep the kid on as a trainee, the kid seems to have potential.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom