Avoid Peace River Campground at ALL costs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got news from another person on RV.net that cal47 has previously stated elsewhere that he is a camp host for PRCG - so that pretty much ties that line of detective work up.

AH! So it is being seen by someone who is campground related. Unfortunately, as in the case of Saturday night, when the manager or owner was requested by one of our members that didn't occur and may be unlikely here.

Did anyone notice that the fella that did come in place of Peace River Campground's owner/manager never got out of his golf cart, just sprawled in it like it was a lounge chair?

AH! So it is being seen by someone who is campground related. Unfortunately, as in the case of Saturday night, when the manager or owner was requested by one of our members that didn't occur and may be unlikely here.

Did anyone notice that the fella that did come in place of Peace River Campground's owner/manager never got out of his golf cart, just sprawled in it like it was a lounge chair?
Well when i was detained on my way back to the campsite, the owner's wife came out (she was somewhere in her 40's i believe) and then when back at the site picking up Christina, a younger, fitter looking guy, who looked somewhat in control, compared to the rest of the guards, came in and said 20 mins to pack up to me. I told him we had nothing to pack up but the two of us and the two dogs and he turned and walked away. He drove away right after that from what i saw, he was in an SUV or truck i think rather than a golf cart - but dont quote me on that as there were many vehicles in the area behind the parked ones from our group.

Shame neither of them was available at the front desk an hour or so earlier....

I can't believe this! What the hell ever happened to "customer respect" or the idea that the customer is always right??? It is a damned shame that you guys were treated that way - and I almost joined you, but had to work. Fact is this: They'll forever be sorry that they treated The Conch Divers this way. How mistaken they were to think that we do not "discuss" the good and bad, on a forum. Let's see how it hurts them - in the pocket. As a businessperson, you'd better learn to kiss some ass, rather than starve... and I sincerely DOUBT that this group was looking for anything more than fair treatment. SHAME on you, PRCG. I, for one, will not send any of MY customers to you. Not a threat, just a promise.

Here's something interesting I read this morning:

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: A very bad experience in South West Florida

I believe that this might be, could be, Mr Confrontational himself. The reference/comparison of Peace River Camp Ground to Disney is the give away.

I'm in favor of helping this guy. 1) Take him on a tour of Disney showing that in fact one can visit Disney Property ALL DAY without paying for anything unless they choose to. 2) Get him a watch while on Disney property - Mickey's hands might be easier to tell time with than that big orange thing in the sky. 3) While on Disney Property, visit with the new hire department and allow him to sit in on initial training where new employee's learn how to deal with customers first and foremost!

For Peace River Camp Ground to fall into the Disney catagory, they definitely need to at least start by adding some of the Goofy hats to their employee's uniforms and probably some "You must be this tall to ride the ATV's" things around.

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Campgrounds, Resorts and Attractions: Campground, or, Retirement Community.

Well I will certainly not go to Peace River.

I too believe "Cal" is the golf cart loudmouth.
I also notice nobody on the RV forum seems to share his view.

:11: He is the man that was at our campsite and trying to hide behind his screen name. That alone should tell everyone that what they are saying about us is just not true. We have all been honest and upfront here, but these people don't wan tot tell them how they were so unproffessional to us.

Thank you for the insight of this man Now everyone will know the TRUTH!!!

Topic is Closed on their forum (I think we should respect their wishes) ... link doesnt work for me ether , I had to track it down by going to Open Roads > Campgrounds, Resorts and Attractions

SpearGirl .. How sad that your children were frightend to the point of wanting to lock themselves in the car :shakehead:
I hope that your/their next camping experiance is a wonderful one .. I have great memories growing up of going camping/hunting with my dad

That is an enlightening post. He's not overly honest either, some ATV trails? Yes, a few years ago it was trails. As we learned from our experience, virtually every area under the 'wilderness' is now an ATV or golfcart trail that starts being used at sun-up and runs right through late night. Camp sites or even being riverside lends no margin of safety to the camper as some riders ignore those boundaries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom