Avoid Peace River Campground at ALL costs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know how many of you posted on the forums I posted links for, but I can tell you that on the Woodalls one I posted something and replies are already talking about the "Buzz" this is creating on all the RV forums. So obviously what your doing is working

I don't know how many of you posted on the forums I posted links for, but I can tell you that on the Woodalls one I posted something and replies are already talking about the "Buzz" this is creating on all the RV forums. So obviously what your doing is working

How do you find a post on there it's not as easy as SB is.:blinking:

For those reading this thread from other boards, nothing odd had happened during the day until our return for dinner. My family and I were gone from approximately 9:15 am till 5:30pm having stayed a little later to chat with our friend Mark Renz who was our guide for the day (Fossil Expeditions, Call Mark Renz 1-239-368-3252) and when we returned to camp others had only been there about 20 minutes or so including those who came back to join for a quick bite with friends before heading back north on a 3 hour drive home. The kids had barely removed themselves from the van and dinner was just being served when the golf cart brigade showed up with this "we's fixin to whoop your tail!" attitude.

What really irritates me is they showed up with all the anger over our care to make sure people are fed, especially since one of them is pregnant. Sure, she could have gotten a Whopper and stored the cals for lil baby one on the way, but she chose to have a nice fresh pulled pork sandwich with some pasta and get some congratulations and goodbye hugs from friends she knows and cares about.

Other campers queried about the "camp police" as they were referred to and had stated a similar animosity directed to them as well.

It's at this point I believe that Peace River Campground has gone above and beyond in a fashion which I didn't even experience at night clubs working security.

Sounds like the folks at Peace River have set themselves up to loose a pile of $$ from just the SB regulars, even after factoring in their "creative billing scale" that sounds more like a bad carney sideshow scam than a reputable operation.
Time to contact the AAA folks too, me thinks, as well as the nearest 50 or more BBBs.

Good Sam Club

Sam's is the really big one.
While traversing the Yucatan Peninsula we got run off the road by an RV with one of those "Good Sam" stickers on the back.
They waved & kept on going.:11:
I was glad I wasn't armed.:no

I remember the ATVs from last year at Peace River Campgrounds, but I was hoping that was an oversight. Sounds as if it got worse! Such a shame that they are next to such a serene river.

For the non-florida, or international readers, Peace River Camp Ground is located in South West Florida. I'd hate to be them right now.

peace_sm.jpg

From reading all of this, I get something a bit different from it. While I COMPLETELY agree that they should have let those folks stay for dinner without any of the fuss and muss, and that the subsequent events were outrageously inappropriate, I don't think the motivation for kicking them out was because they wanted to stay for dinner.

From a complete impartial observer, the anger came from the "borrowed" tag. Now the staff is just sure that there is a bunch of other "thievery" going on. Rather than solve the problem, they let anger rule the day. Not a good practice.

It seems to me that the appropriate solution to this, with much less involvement of staff and emotions, would have been to allow the car to visit the other campers. Then, a couple of hours later, one staff could have driven by and reminded them to please be on their way or pay for camping.

I'm not a camper so I won't be going there. But if I were a camper, I still wouldn't go there. With the amount of distrust by the owner/staff, it seems likely that they exhibit some of the behaviour that warrants mistrust. That is frequently the case.
While i agree that our response to their position wasnt probably the wisest, our original request also didnt seem that extreme. It does sound like there were other shenanigans before that particular evening's events completely unrelated to that situation. However they werent willing to budge an inch even upon repeated efforts to negotiate.

We are campers but we will certainly NEVER be camping at Peace River. You say there were other kids riding around and breaking rules but it was your kids they were picking on. It almost sounds like they were targeting you all. I'll post about this over on Scuba Toys, too.

I'm shocked at the treatment that members received. Usually I think lets hear both sides but as I know some of the members that was there I will never go to Peace River. Too bad, I've wanted to come down to this event.

We all had different problems when checking in but that was because they had no idea what the other was doing. I was always nice never raised my voice and always said thank you and yes mam and yes sir only because they were alot older than I. I kept my manors with everyone even though I did not care how they were treating us. And as far as the rest of the group I don't think anyone was out of line and they did showed respect to those who gave it back.

The car thing was because they parked up front in the morning to meet everyone after breakfast and to ride with the group. When we all came back in he went to get his car and that's when he was stopped on the trail.

This whole mess is because Peace River Campground wanted $20 from them so they could eat dinner with us. Nothing More Nothing Less

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom