Authorized dealer warranty question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

castanagajt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
If we bought our zeagle gear from an authorized dealer online and I have found a couple of authorized dealers around my area can I bring my gear to them and still be honored with the annual service kit?

I think I know where this is going.

Yes they should honor it and if they don't take a walk down the road and give your money to somebody else. Online or off line does not matter as long as the dealer is an authorized dealer.

~G

I believe you will find that "authorized dealers" are independent businesses that are under no legal obligation to provide warranty service IAW the contract between you and a manufacturer. Smart LDSs will see it as an opportunity to gain some business from a customer. Others may try punish you for shopping around and saving money. Just don't be too surprised if you find a bad one and either get denied service or charged inflated prices. BTW, agree on a price before you commit to service.

If we bought our zeagle gear from an authorized dealer online and I have found a couple of authorized dealers around my area can I bring my gear to them and still be honored with the annual service kit?

The short answer is, yes. You will still be charged the labor, but the parts should be free.

Back
Top Bottom