August! Who is going to be there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice of you to notify that Jersey couple because it looks like it's going through there and into part of New York city by Sunday. I think I'll be ok landing in Charlotte on Saturday. Charlotte is so far inland that it is still showing sunny skies on the weather forecasts.
So--tomorrow I should be in Coz !:D
Good luck! :thumb: Hope you make it ok.

Excerpted from http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/2...000.-Here-s-what-to-do-if-Irene-cancels-yours.
In all, 381 flights were canceled Friday, 1,380 for Saturday, and 3,975 for Sunday. The total could top 10,000, says Daniel Baker, chief executive officer of the flight-tracking website Flightaware.com. The airports most affected are Newark, JFK, LaGuardia, Charlotte Douglas International in North Carolina, and Philadelphia International.

edit: Grrr, I want to finish packing and weighing with my jiffy, portable digital scales but some gear did not dry well in the sun. Humidity is at least 100%! Dark now so it's inside hoping the AC will suck some moisture. Dinner was nice. Took my pint thermos so they could fill it with half coffee, half Kahlua.

Last edited:
rain rain go away
Pidgiepoo wants to dive today !!!!!!
Crap--woke up to thunder,lighteninng and rain rain rain. Standing water outside on our porch. Still have 3 hours til dive time..but it doesn't look good:shakehead::shakehead

Pidgiepoo:)

Glad you got to Coz! Hope the weather gets better! Enjoy your vacation.

Colin

rain rain go away
Pidgiepoo wants to dive today !!!!!!
Crap--woke up to thunder,lighteninng and rain rain rain. Standing water outside on our porch. Still have 3 hours til dive time..but it doesn't look good:shakehead::shakehead
Yikes!!! Did you bring the storms with you rom the NE???:shocked2:

We had thunderstorms most days last week there. Spin off moisture from Harvey, then Irene. A little dicey with the lightening and a little rough traveling in rain but we knew it was an adventure sport didn't we? :shocked2:

Alright..enough with this rain...I'm sending it to Texas!!!!!!
Got to dive in the rain today since the thunder/lightening stopped. Poor vis and not much to see. Hope it gets better for the rest of the week. I'm good with one bad day..but would prefer to have sunny skies from now on:D
Met Tom(Touch of gray)/Vicki from Atlanta today and enjoyed diving with them.
Gotta go have a margarita for Diver Kat:cheers:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom