August 2022 Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Based on the activity in this thread it looks like the boats are going to be empty.
There may be fewer boats on the water some weeks as August is the start of what's called Slow-Season, not that it's slow but it's not as busy as school vacation season or winter get-away season. We usually see more SB trip plans than this, but this decade continues to be different starting with the plague.

Some may be backing out on travel by now with all of the chaos in the airlines. I wonder about people and their stories of living in the same clothes for two weeks of vacation because the airlines took so long to find their bags as they miss the funded shopping bonanza. The airlines are responsible so buy what you need, save receipts, and make the airline pay. It's a little extra work, and it may take time to collect, but get what you need and keep it after the trip.

There may be fewer boats on the water some weeks as August is the start of what's called Slow-Season, not that it's slow but it's not as busy as school vacation season or winter get-away season. We usually see more SB trip plans than this, but this decade continues to be different starting with the plague.

Some may be backing out on travel by now with all of the chaos in the airlines. I wonder about people and their stories of living in the same clothes for two weeks of vacation because the airlines took so long to find their bags as they miss the funded shopping bonanza. The airlines are responsible so buy what you need, save receipts, and make the airline pay. It's a little extra work, and it may take time to collect, but get what you need and keep it after the trip.
I've been several times in August and went once during spring break. Definitely slower in August but this is the slowest I've seen an August roll call thread. I love going in August as the water temp is perfect and the crowds are reduced.

Just put a trip together for the week of Aug 27th. We’re stoked! Our last trip to Coz was Oct 2019..

My son and I will be diving with Bottom Time Divers, staying at El Cantil.

Name..............................Date.................Staying At.........................Dive Op
Jlyle with friends & kin - 7/30-8/20............Scuba Club...............................Scuba Club
Don98 with 5.......................8/6-8/13...............Casa Mexican..........................Tres Pelicanos
Hairtriggr-----------------8/6-8/21-------house in Costa del Sol-----Scuba Du.
DandyDon.............................8/16-8/24............El Chepo Mary Carmen.......Salty Endeavors
Mcpowell-----------------Week of 27th---El Cantil--------------------Bottom Time Divers
Judydivescoz & hubs........All month and more, living and playing there.

July 31-Aug 11. Staying at Cozumel Palace. Just 2 of us. Not sure of the dive op yet, maybe Aqua Safari or 3P's or Dressel.

Edit: decided on 3P's

We will be there from the 8th for 12 nights staying at El Cid and diving with DWM.
Del & Joanne.

I've been several times in August and went once during spring break. Definitely slower in August but this is the slowest I've seen an August roll call thread.
But of course the set of divers who go to Cozumel and who also contribute to the Cozumel subforum of Scubaboard is a pretty small sample size.

Name..............................Date.................Staying At.........................Dive Op
Jlyle with friends & kin.....7/30-8/20............Scuba Club...............................Scuba Club
Fates13, twosome--------7/31------------Cozumel Palace-------------Undecided
Don98 with 5........................8/6-8/13..............Casa Mexican...........................Tres Pelicanos
Hairtriggr-----------------8/6-8/21--------house in Costa del Sol-----Scuba Du
Del2451 & Joanne.............8/8-8/20...............El Cid...........................................DWM
DandyDon............................8/16-8/24.............El Chepo Mary Carmen.......Salty Endeavors
Mcpowell----------------Week of 27th----El Cantil--------------------Bottom Time Divers
Judydivescoz & hubs......All month and more, living and playing there.

Back
Top Bottom