Attitudes Toward DIR Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This thread is motivating me to ditch my BP/W and long hose and go with a Michelin man BC with 60 lbs of lift, 20 D rings, weight pockets for 40 lbs of lead, 5 retractors and an Air2 inflator so I can piss off the broadest audience possible 😂
You forgot to mention the split fins and akle weights

Oh that’s a big felony.
Actually the clips of death, those suicide clips.
After I put my quattros on I put the suicide clip they're held together with onto another one that's randomly on my waist belt... makes me chuckle every time lol

I want one of those gigantic etch-a-sketch slates.

In fact, nothing is going to stop me from donning a Velcro suit, grabbing a shopping cart and running with reckless abandon through the Trident Dive Accessories warehouse in Chatsworth, CA.

I'm bringing my full self to my next dive.

I want one of those gigantic etch-a-sketch slates.

In fact, nothing is going to stop me from donning a Velcro suit, grabbing a shopping cart and running with reckless abandon through the Trident Dive Accessories warehouse in Chatsworth, CA.

I'm bringing my full self to my next dive.
Actually, I really like Trident, they have a lot of great stuff. But they also have A LOT of stuff!
Do it! That would make a great Instagram or TikTok video that would go viral.

Ok then. Horizontal when shallow.

At what point does DIR allow you to break trim? 2nd rung of the ladder?
Vertical means your drysuit dumps all the gas

Man this exact thread has been on the internet since electrons were born. You all take the bait every damn time. Find something, anything, unique or original to talk about.

The one I absolutely cannot get on board with is team diving. To me, diving has always and will always be a solo activity.

That's fine. Just recognize that this "one" you cannot get on board with is not exclusive to DIR. As far as I know, every training agency teaches the buddy system to new divers. "Team diving" is just the DIR name for a more formalized flavor of the buddy system. So I think it might be more accurate for you to say you can't get on board with the buddy system, as PADI or any other agency teaches it, either.

Back
Top Bottom