Attention MK-15 aficionados

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lowviz, perhaps you are interested in getting that MK15 and do a swap with a MK10, as you did with my one. I was very happy of the swap!
What I am searching now is the SPEC rubber boot for the MK10, so that I can saturate it with silicon grease, as I did with my two newer MK5... The two older ones have no SPEC, unfortunately.
I don't want to derail this thread, so PM me if you want to discuss, but there's a thread on creating your own SPEC Boot, since they're pretty much unavailable. This is the mod I've been using for 5 years now.
20171105_111247.jpg

I don't want to derail this thread, so PM me if you want to discuss, but there's a thread on creating your own SPEC Boot, since they're pretty much unavailable. This is the mod I've been using for 5 years now.
View attachment 571407
My idea was 3Dprinting it in PU. I already have the 3D model ready to print, but local 3D printing shops ask for a steep price for printing a couple of these PU rings...

Currently my plan is another.
I will build a two-parts mold in CNC-machined aluminium.
And then pour liquid two-component silicon rubber in the mold, obtaining a positive in rubber.
Only problem is that the resulting spec boot will be white and slightly translucent...
I will open a new thread for showing the drawing, the mold and the resulting silicon rubber boots...
And then all you could get one, if you want it!

Currently my plan is another.
I will build a two-parts mold in CNC-machined aluminium.
And then pour liquid two-component silicon rubber in the mold, obtaining a positive in rubber.
Only problem is that the resulting spec boot will be white and slightly translucent...
I will open a new thread for showing the drawing, the mold and the resulting silicon rubber boots...
And then all you could get one, if you want it!

I made them from casted silicone. I like my Flex PLA 3D printed ones better. I have and have shared on thingiverse the files for both MK10 and MK15 spec boots. My MK10 versions have probably 3 months and 10 dives on them. Work splendidly.

I made them from casted silicone. I like my Flex PLA 3D printed ones better. I have and have shared on thingiverse the files for both MK10 and MK15 spec boots. My MK10 versions have probably 3 months and 10 dives on them. Work splendidly.
Here is it: ScubaPro MK10 SPEC boot by Raftingtigger
That's where I did find the 3D drawings I posted before...
Thanks for sharing!
And here the photo of the final product available on Thingiverse:
featured_preview_SPEC_boot[1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom