Attention MK-15 aficionados

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're not getting your girlfriend's hint. Buy 2 sets of everything, so that she has her own set.

Oh mine. I accidentally ran into this thread and so sad after reading through it... I just bought a used MK15 thinking it is better than my MK10 because it's a newer version :(

May I ask how is It coming through?

Suggestion: Unload your MK15 on someone who wants it. Parts are a beast to get, many technicians never opened one, and newer is not always better.

A pair of tens is really hard to beat.

I just bought a used MK15 thinking it is better than my MK10 because it's a newer version :(
As a performer, in some ways it is better than a MK10- I think those issues have been covered.

In other ways, i.e. getting parts and service @lowviz is right on the money.

Parts are a beast to get, many technicians never opened one, and newer is not always better.

Suggestion: Unload your MK15 on someone who wants it.
Contrary to my advice in post #3, because I have seen a few of these on my bench since then, I don't know if I would still agree with unloading it. If it's working fine use it until it's not or if you can find parts you are golden for another few years.

Suggestion: Unload your MK15 on someone who wants it. Parts are a beast to get, many technicians never opened one, and newer is not always better.

A pair of tens is really hard to beat.
Lowviz, perhaps you are interested in getting that MK15 and do a swap with a MK10, as you did with my one. I was very happy of the swap!
What I am searching now is the SPEC rubber boot for the MK10, so that I can saturate it with silicon grease, as I did with my two newer MK5... The two older ones have no SPEC, unfortunately.

I have three MK15's that were converted and I wanted yours just because it is an original unconverted one. I wanted your regulator more for historical reasons and curiosity than anything else. They all work great, BTW. So, no. One is enough.

I'm finishing up a big project with defogging masks, MK10 and MK15 SPEC boots are next. I owe @raftingtigger a reply for her generous supply of printed SPEC boot forms. I'll restart that project next, so maybe we will all get boots...

I have three converted MK15's that I really like even though they are 'odd birds'. I see endless references to the original MK15 that has the hex adjustment for the IP. REALLY odd bird, LP only.

I wanted one, I now have one. I'm happy.

oh ok, so you want to use the hex retainer for the adjusting purpose, not because you have the seat available?
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom