Attachments in some forums don't show and say "invalid link"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_B

Kimber/TekDiveGirl storyteller and memory keeper
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have had trouble the last few days in posting attachments .. ALL attachments look fine to me, post ok, no messages , at fist the attachments in the HH'r thread showed Ok for others , but not in MOF .. today they show ok in MOF but not in the HH'r thread ... they say invalid link specified (note, they ALL show for me ... and others can see them ion the Test Forum (same pictures and PC)

latest example ...
Chuck Doan1.jpg

Chuck Doan2.jpg

Chuck Doan7.jpg

those all show for me as pictures, not attachment numbers (but then, all of my attachments do for me)

Reactions: D_B
I've found it best to simply copy and paste an image into your message rather than using attachments. Attachments show up as thumbnails that you have to click on to see a small photo. Copy/paste gives you a larger photo in your message without having to open it.
Example...
GolfBallReef1_zps02c6fc96.jpg

Reactions: D_B
It's just weird that others can not see them , when they click on the Attachment, it says invalid link ... could not see in MOF on one day, but could in the HH'er thread ... the next day I tried again with different pics , it was reversed , invalid link in the HH'er thread, and OK in MOF .. all same pictures and computer , using google chrome ..

Max .. I'll do that, thanks

Test copy & paste
All I see is those words, but then I don't know what & home you tried to add more? :confused:

I didn't know we could simply copy & paste here. I tried that from a pic on my hard drive twice, but it failed. It looked okay on the post until I went to Advanced to see how it was going to actually post, but then showed only a very long code that severely slowed my browser.

When I copy a pic from another site on the net, that works well...

10289905_10154177556125094_6747045525699282517_n.png

I tried to paste the pic from my computer and it said my post was too long. Attachments always work for me, but I never know if they will come out as thumbs or full size.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom