Attaching Fusion boots to Aqualung Fusion drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think my boots are specific Whites/Aqualung boots.
My suit came without boots, I tried a number on until I got the best 'fit'.

I always put the boots on after the suit. The only piece of advice is not to walk around in the socks until after you have put the boots on. This isn't unique to the Whites suit, its the same for any suit with rock boots.
You often hear of people who have 'leaky' suits. Often the holes are in the soles of the feet, or the leg or back of the suit. From where people stand on the suit when changing. Best advice I was given is get a changing mat, and avoid standing on the suit.

Gareth

The Whites/Aqualung Fusion boots were designed to be paired with the Fusion drysuit. They have a wide velcro strip along the inside-back of the boots to mate up with the velcro strip on the sock of the drysuit. There is also velcro around the cuff of the boot with additional tabs in front, back , and on each side, that connects to the loop velvro near the cuff of the skin.

While I don't have much experience with drysuits, I like having the boots attached to avoid the possibility of creating the damage you referenced in your post. The design allows me to just slide my foot into the boot directly with no fuss when donning the suit and nothing further to tend to except a velcro strap that goes around the ankle of the boot to limit the ingress of air into that part of the suit.

YMMV I guess, but so far they are working well for me.

-Z

The Whites/Aqualung Fusion boots were designed to be paired with the Fusion drysuit. They have a wide velcro strip along the inside-back of the boots to mate up with the velcro strip on the sock of the drysuit. There is also velcro around the cuff of the boot with additional tabs in front, back , and on each side, that connects to the loop velvro near the cuff of the skin.

While I don't have much experience with drysuits, I like having the boots attached to avoid the possibility of creating the damage you referenced in your post. The design allows me to just slide my foot into the boot directly with no fuss when donning the suit and nothing further to tend to except a velcro strap that goes around the ankle of the boot to limit the ingress of air into that part of the suit.

YMMV I guess, but so far they are working well for me.

-Z
I have both the fusion boots and the EVO rock boots. One thing to keep in mind if you ever do decide to get the EVO rock boots is that they will likely require you to get a different set of fins that have a larger foot pocket. They are pretty bulky and I had to get some bigger foot pocket fins - The Hollis F1's.

Reactions: Zef
I have both the fusion boots and the EVO rock boots. One thing to keep in mind if you ever do decide to get the EVO rock boots is that they will likely require you to get a different set of fins that have a larger foot pocket. They are pretty bulky and I had to get some bigger foot pocket fins - The Hollis F1's.

Thanks for the tip on the rock boot bulkiness.

I am currently using the same fins I used with my wetsuit and booties (Cressi Reaction, size L-XL), my booties are size 10ish (45 european), the Fusion boots are size 12 and they fit well in my fins. I have a set of Mares Volo Power fins in size XL that a fellow club member was selling for 10 Euros, they are way too big for my wetsuit booties and still too big for the Fusion boots...that should work out well if/when I migrate to something like the EVO boots.

So far I have not felt that my feet are too floaty...perhaps that's due to the restrictive flow of air through the lower leg of the fusion bullet suit coupled with the ankle strap on the fusion boots...in any case I am currently not noticing any issues that would require me to run out and replace my fins but if things change those Holis F1 fins look good....I like the ones with the yellow tips.

Cheers,
-Z

Thanks for the tip on the rock boot bulkiness.

I am currently using the same fins I used with my wetsuit and booties (Cressi Reaction, size L-XL), my booties are size 10ish (45 european), the Fusion boots are size 12 and they fit well in my fins. I have a set of Mares Volo Power fins in size XL that a fellow club member was selling for 10 Euros, they are way too big for my wetsuit booties and still too big for the Fusion boots...that should work out well if/when I migrate to something like the EVO boots.

So far I have not felt that my feet are too floaty...perhaps that's due to the restrictive flow of air through the lower leg of the fusion bullet suit coupled with the ankle strap on the fusion boots...in any case I am currently not noticing any issues that would require me to run out and replace my fins but if things change those Holis F1 fins look good....I like the ones with the yellow tips.

Cheers,
-Z
Overall, I am happy with my fusion boots. I have around 350 dives in them. They are starting to show their age and will need replacing before long. I rarely use the EVO boots, but they are nice if shore diving from extremely rocky terrain.

My fusion suit did not come with the velcro on the socks. I used some aqua seal to put some on the socks. I never remove the boots from the socks or from the suit. I find it a lot easier to suit up that way. Also I hang my suit upside down by the boots to dry it. I keep the plastic insert inside the suit socks as I find that it does help with the bunching when I get undressed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom