Atomic T25 - a cool $ $2,799

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But the T25 performs so much better than your Z2!

Oh, wait. It doesn't...

Shhhhhhh

Could be cashing in on a pandemic reaction thing.... I'm still alive, I now realize how short life can be and I've got money, so dammit I'm gonna buy that thing!

We took the money we saved and spent it on a three week vacation to the Galapagos. Dove with our 20 year old T1x :).

"THE DESIGNS - THE “ATELIER” APPROACH

"Every Atomic design is the result of gathering the most experienced, innovative diving industry professionals in a studio and breaking down every aspect of a product. Why does it exist? What should it do better? How can it be different? How will it improve the dive experience? “Atelier” is a fancy word for a design approach that nobody else even attempts. Everything starts with a sketch, then everything is questioned and re-examined. This advanced design and use of innovative materials wreaks havoc on traditional designs. We raise the bar with every new design . . .

"It is Rocket Science. Select and combine the BEST materials for the BEST performance. Period. Cost, availability, difficult to work with...doesn’t matter. Only durability and performance matter. From developing the first all-Titanium regulator, to using Schott Superwite™ UltraClear glass for masks, hand-inlay fin plastics with varying flex properties to tough, waterproof laminated textiles for our new BC1 – sourcing the best materials is paramount in our process."

More Huish Kool-Aid; believe today’s flavor is "lychee" . . .

Apeks Black Pearl had that kind of bling decades ago! But subtle - they put theirs on the inside.
IMG_20210727_151331.jpg

IMG_20210727_151430.jpg

There is no “regular” T25 - but this thing makes my T3 feel like a real bargain! :wink:

And that is EXACTLY why they make them.

Same with the titanium scubapros.

"I'm looking for a regulator"
"Great, this is our best one, it does all the stuff, is titanium and weights just a fart over a nickel!"
"hmm that seems awfully expensive..."
"Sure, sure. It is definitely top of the line. However, for some reason they decided to also make THIS reg that performs exactly the same as that one, but it isn't titanium, so it costs half as much. The only difference is it'll weight a bit more."
"Ooh, that seems like a great deal! I'll take two."
"Great idea! You can also use it with rich nitrox, which you can't with the titanium version"
'What's Nitrox? I definitely want to use that!"
"well, let me tell you about our classes..."

And that is EXACTLY why they make them.

Same with the titanium scubapros.

"I'm looking for a regulator"
"Great, this is our best one, it does all the stuff, is titanium and weights just a fart over a nickel!"
"hmm that seems awfully expensive..."
"Sure, sure. It is definitely top of the line. However, for some reason they decided to also make THIS reg that performs exactly the same as that one, but it isn't titanium, so it costs half as much. The only difference is it'll weight a bit more."
"Ooh, that seems like a great deal! I'll take two."
"Great idea! You can also use it with rich nitrox, which you can't with the titanium version"
'What's Nitrox? I definitely want to use that!"
"well, let me tell you about our classes..."
I was joking on the bargain thing and I don’t think most people view their regs as bargain versions of the titanium models.

Personally, I have zero regrets on my T3/B2 reg set. It’s super light and compact and has been bullet proof in 6 years of diving (serviced once). Sure, it was expensive, but I could afford it and viewed it as a 1 time purchase.

The T25 is an impressive piece of titanium machining and they did it because they could. More power to you if you have the means to buy one but it’s not intended for the masses by any stretch - just a showpiece of what’s possible when cost is not a concern!

Diamond Like Carbon coatings are no big deal and have been common in the firearms industry for many years now. Certainly not enough to justify a thousand dollar premium.

I have two Glock pistols with DLC coatings. One tan and the other black. Their pricing was about the same as the ones with the Tenifer finished slides.

This is the Atomic version of the gold plated MK-10 and G-250 anniversary edition.

Best Glock I ever owned (14 yrs ago) was an original gen3 G17, the current versions have several cast parts including ejectors that fling shells at your head, and the finish is just not as tough!
As for a "gold" regulator, that would definitely go with my Mr. T starter kit!

I would rather have a W first stage. No weight belt. A gold plated tiger stripe desert eagle is far more functional than a diamond coated scuba reg.

34542-DEFAULT-l.jpg

I was joking on the bargain thing and I don’t think most people view their regs as bargain versions of the titanium models.

Personally, I have zero regrets on my T3/B2 reg set. It’s super light and compact and has been bullet proof in 6 years of diving (serviced once). Sure, it was expensive, but I could afford it and viewed it as a 1 time purchase.

The T25 is an impressive piece of titanium machining and they did it because they could. More power to you if you have the means to buy one but it’s not intended for the masses by any stretch - just a showpiece of what’s possible when cost is not a concern!

I have had an Atomic ST1 since (circa) 2012 and it has been flawless without any issues at all. It was 7 years after I bought it that I had it serviced. It was performing like new before the servicing without issues at all. I serviced it because I was in Europe and thought why not just in case and took it to an authorized dealer for servicing. I also have a B2 the last time it was serviced was circa 2011/12 and it is still performing like new today. If I had the money, I'd buy the new T25 for sure but I don't have it at this point.

I don't understand the intense ridicule taking place here against innovation and a mfg.'s attempt to bring out unique products. Not sure if because of envy and/or jealousy but it is just too much.

I would rather have a W first stage. No weight belt. A gold plated tiger stripe desert eagle is far more functional than a diamond coated scuba reg.

View attachment 674615
To you maybe… for me, at 58 years old, I’ve never had the desire or felt the need to own a gun (have never even held a real one) - so I would have zero interest in a gold gun beyond the scrap value of the gold.:)

See how that works - different strokes for different folks; so comparing the “functionality” of an “over the top” showpiece reg to a “blinged out” firearm is pretty pointless here…

"See how that works - different strokes for different folks; so comparing the “functionality” of an “over the top” showpiece reg to a “blinged out” firearm is pretty pointless here…"

Actually, political or other bias aside, I think it may actually be exactly the same thing!

Back
Top Bottom