Atomic T25 - a cool $ $2,799

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"See how that works - different strokes for different folks; so comparing the “functionality” of an “over the top” showpiece reg to a “blinged out” firearm is pretty pointless here…"

Actually, political or other bias aside, I think it may actually be exactly the same thing!
What was political or biased in my post - I merely stated that, just like some don’t get the desire to spend $ on expensive titanium regs, I don’t get guns. I have no issue with anyone who does (plenty of friends and family members do) - hence why I very clearly used the word “I” in what I said and cast no aspersions on guns or gun owners.

What was political or biased in my post - I merely stated that, just like some don’t get the desire to spend $ on expensive titanium regs, I don’t get guns. I have no issue with anyone who does (plenty of friends and family members do) - hence why I very clearly used the word “I” in what I said and cast no aspersions on guns or gun owners.

You stated that comparing the functionality of an "over the top" reg to an "over the top" gun was pointless! What I said was that it was in fact the same thing, and it is! We all enjoy our sport and our toys, if we feel the need to dress them up and have the cash to do it then fine.

I don't understand the intense ridicule taking place here against innovation and a mfg.'s attempt to bring out unique products. Not sure if because of envy and/or jealousy but it is just too much.

I can't speak for the others; but the real laugh for me, having worked upon regulators for years, comes from the base consumer's boundless gullibility and ignorance -- to a company's cynical attempt to basically reinvent the wheel, at a new-found premium, using an ingot of exotic metal, at their so-called "atelier," to house largely 1950s technology; and then to simply anodize the whole damn thing -- a process, which has been around for almost a century -- as some new revolutionary finish.

Many of us have seen that "rainbow" sheen on guns and other objects for decades; and, yeah, you can easily scratch it.

These vacuous recent advertising claims, surrounding most everything nowadays, including the notion of "burnt titanium," oddly reminds me of the infamous business card scene, from American Psycho, where a bunch of 1980s empty suits compete over the merits and attempt to reevaluate the color, white; or, was it "pale nimbus?"

You stated that comparing the functionality of an "over the top" reg to an "over the top" gun was pointless! What I said was that it was in fact the same thing, and it is! We all enjoy our sport and our toys, if we feel the need to dress them up and have the cash to do it then fine.
Actually my issue was comparing the functionally as neither item has any enhanced functionality - so a functional comparison is, in fact, pointless. The rest I agree with.

However, aside from the “bling”, the T-25 is an amazing example of pushing the limits on machining/milling titanium - impressive manufacturing technology craftsmanship if you appreciate that kind of thing.

I can't speak for the others; but the real laugh for me, having worked upon regulators for years, comes from the base consumer's boundless gullibility and ignorance -- to a company's cynical attempt to basically reinvent the wheel, at a new-found premium, using an ingot of exotic metal, in their so-called "atelier," to house largely 1950s technology; and then to simply anodize the whole damn thing -- a process, which has been around for almost a century -- as some new revolutionary finish, "burnt titanium."

Many of us have seen that "rainbow" finish on guns and other objects for decades; and, yeah, you can scratch it.

These vacuous recent advertising claims, surrounding most everything nowadays -- scuba-included -- oddly reminds me of the infamous business card scene, from American Psycho, where a bunch of 1980s empty suits argue over the merits and attempt to re-market the color, white; or, was it "pale nimbus?"

No offense but are you seriously comparing the morons in this movie clip to us and other divers?

Actually my issue was comparing the functionally as neither item has any enhanced functionality - so a functional comparison is, in fact, pointless. The rest I agree with.

However, aside from the “bling”, the T-25 is an amazing example of pushing the limits on machining/milling titanium - impressive manufacturing technology craftsmanship if you appreciate that kind of thing.

And I agree with you 100%

The Gen 5s corrected those weaknesses.

Best Glock I ever owned (14 yrs ago) was an original gen3 G17, the current versions have several cast parts including ejectors that fling shells at your head, and the finish is just not as tough!
As for a "gold" regulator, that would definitely go with my Mr. T starter kit!

I just saw one in real life :) I think they are very pretty, but would be afraid to go diving with it :poke:

Back
Top Bottom