Atomic T25 - a cool $ $2,799

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do know of some "near diamond coatings" used on some engine parts. So there is some existing technology they are leaning on. More than likely they were talking to there plater and asking if they had anything special they could do. Lets stuff some scrap parts in with this production batch for something completely different and see what comes out. Pretty rainbow colors like the kids have on the aftermarket exhaust tips.

When I see that rainbow of colors on metal I just think of it being overheated. Welding, I know what the heat affected zone it. My welds tend to be pretty wide, I know some that can make great welds with a tiny HAZ. I can also think of the chrome exhaust tip on the truck after doing a long hard pull up a mountain. Now I know why they sometimes put an air gap between the actual exhaust and the chrome tip.

". . .a fool and his money. . .
Honey, it you want here it is, come and get it
But you need to hurry 'cause it's going fast. . ."

I'll wait for it, I won't buy one, but I'll wait for it.

Yeah, it may fall out of a truck in front of your house right when you are leaving to go diving. It can happen...

"the T25 is a highly-evolved version of the iconic T3 all-Titanium regulator. But it’s designed using even more exotic processes, elevating it into “Diamond” status."

CLOWN FART !!

When I see that rainbow of colors on metal I just think of it being overheated
Exactly my first thought as well!

Has anyone ever had an issue with their regulator not being hard enough? Are we using our regs as drill bits?

"the T25 is a highly-evolved version of the iconic T3 all-Titanium regulator. But it’s designed using even more exotic processes, elevating it into “Diamond” status."

CLOWN FART !!
Just because you don't know of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Composite Diamond Coating, Wear Resistant Coating, EN-Diamond Plating for Metal Parts at the top of a quick search.

Now if this is a worthy application of such a coating? Probably not. But it does exist. The properties are not bad, just a different way to get to them. And it has the buzz words that marketing can roll with.

How many carats is that?

None. It’s two turnips, a parsnip, and a quarter of a rutabaga.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom