Atomic Regulator Chamber Packing Tool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ouvea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello All:

Going to seal the first stages of my Atomic regulators. Found two tools, one that threads onto the first stage body, to which a 2oz tube of MCG111 attaches and forces the sealant into the chamber. Found another that mounts to the body but uses a plunger (similar to a syringe) to force the sealant into the chamber. Any pros and cons regarding each system?

Atomic Packing Tool

Scuba Testing Equipment and Tools - Atomic

Do not care about the $20 difference between the two. Just interested in what gets the job done right with less chance of muck up.

O.

I would go with the Scubatools because you don’t have to remove the Christ olive from its original packaging. This eliminates contamination and waste(won’t have as much left over christolube in the tool).

I have and use the first type, no complaints filling is easy and the rest remains in the tube for another use. The second one could be handy if you have access to large containers of lube, probably able to recover some of the excess and reuse it in the injector, I just wipe off the excess and put it in a container to use as assembly lube.

I like others I have and use the version from ScubaTools. It is a PITA. The plunger version is interesting but yer gonna have to fill it up with a fair amount of lube. Which in doing so there is going to be air pockets which can get in to the reg which defeats part of the purpose of packing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom