atomic or apollo split fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tridacna:
No kidding. I did mine myself. Takes a lot longer than you think. The smell of burning rubber combined with the precision that you have to exercise are gruelling. But the results are worthwhile. I would never go back to regular straps. It's an amazing difference.
All I had to do was read the instructions for installing them, and quickly decided that it was worth the extra $$$ to have someone else do it for me. :icon10: And I'm a crazy do-it-yourself'er.

The spring straps took a little getting used to, but I've grown to really like them.

As I said in my last post, I considered the Atomics, but thought that they're a little too long. What can I say? I like their products, and am anxiously waiting for the new Atomic masks to hit my lds.

The Apollos truly perform as advertised, but I don't think you'd go wrong with some of the other fins listed in the various posts.

I dove with a bud last weekend and he uses Bio-fins, I use Atomics. After the dive he could not belive how much more acceleration I had then he.... I say Atomics!

I say dive both of them. Try to get a pair of each and put them on and make the same swim/dive. I did before I chose which one to stock.

Atomic. In my test on my feet, on my dive...no comparison! I'm not into racing or speed. I want comfort and function.

NWBoiler:
I dove with a bud last weekend and he uses Bio-fins, I use Atomics. After the dive he could not belive how much more acceleration I had then he.... I say Atomics!
Not arguing your point, because I considered both before making my purchase. However, I think you also have to take a few things into account. Which of you is the stronger swimmer? Did you both use the same finning technique? Is your technique better than your buddy's (short, compact flutter versus the wide flutter that many divers use)? What's the difference in your body types? Equipment carried and set-up (drag from danglies, heavy accessories, etc)?

Both are great fins, but it still boils down to individual needs, and preferences. The Atomics are nicer looking (IMHO), but overall the Apollos worked better for me. In a current, with 2 to 3 foot swells, I simply flipped on my back on the surface and beat everyone back to the line that was hanging off the back of the boat. And it took no great effort on my part.

My High-Viz Yellow Bio-Fins may have just saved my life today.

I am now even stronger in my convictions!

Trinigordo:
My High-Viz Yellow Bio-Fins may have just saved my life today.

I am now even stronger in my convictions!

Well, you can not make a statement like that, and not provide any details. How did they save you life.... are they magic fins? :D

I have tried scubapro twinjets and apollo biofins. Apollo rocks! :)

Back
Top Bottom