Atomic has a new regulator out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like a beautiful regulator. I think I would go for the plain titanium version without the pretty coating because the ad copy admits it can be scratched. SCUBA diving by it's very nature is rough on gear and for that matter, the (my) human body. I come back from a trip and people ask me if I was in a car wreck or fell off my motorcycle, should I call an ambulance? Nope, just went SCUBA diving, scratches, cuts, bruises are the norm.

Great piece for the display case. Much like the Apeks Black Pearl, or limited run Aqualung Mistral.

The New Mistral is perhaps the worst regulator of modern times. Whoever kludged that contraption together did not have a clue as to how a double hose regulator must be to function. Just a sampling of my fleet.

IMG-3962.jpg

The yellow hose regulator to the left is a real deal Mistral. Bought by my uncle while in the Air Force at a PX in 1958 and gifted to me circa 1968. To the right are two of my (3) Argonauts, the other is to the far left. The Argonaut is a modern, brand new, high performance double hose regulator. AL could take some lessons.

That Atomic is pretty, I give it that.

James

that doesn't excuse the fact that the issue has been going on for the last 4 years
Is it only the Atomics that have had parts issues, or does it extend across all Huish lines? I’ve had no issues getting service kits on any of my Zeagle regs. Ever. Two sets were just serviced earlier this year. No issues

Is it only the Atomics that have had parts issues, or does it extend across all Huish lines? I’ve had no issues getting service kits on any of my Zeagle regs. Ever. Two sets were just serviced earlier this year. No issues

Atomic may have had difficulty at some point for a limited time but it doesn't appear to be a chronic issue at all. I haven't heard anything about it in our region at all.

all of Huish. Atomic has been less affected than some of the other brands in the line, particularly Oceanic/Hollis, but they still have parts and kits coming from Taiwan and those have been an issue.

@BoltSnap your distributors may have had them stocked up, but even companies like AirTech that do tons of business with them have struggled to keep kits and replacement parts in stock.

all of Huish. Atomic has been less affected than some of the other brands in the line, particularly Oceanic/Hollis, but they still have parts and kits coming from Taiwan and those have been an issue.

@BoltSnap your distributors may have had them stocked up, but even companies like AirTech that do tons of business with them have struggled to keep kits and replacement parts in stock.
Interesting. I haven’t encountered any issues getting service kits, and my LDS owner hasn’t mentioned anything about any trouble at all. We have a good relationship, and I’m certain if he would have mentioned any problems.

They carry Atomic, Zeagle, and Suunto, but not Oceanic/Hollis.

Actually...you pay for what you get...whether you like it, or not.
Not always true. I had a uninvited guest in my house and he got two dive computers, a complete DSLR system with housing/strobes/ports/lenses, iPads, laptops, a Toyota Tacoma and an Audi Q5. He never paid for any of it! :(

Not always true. I had a uninvited guest in my house and he got two dive computers, a complete DSLR system with housing/strobes/ports/lenses, iPads, laptops, a Toyota Tacoma and an Audi Q5. He never paid for any of it! :(

He stole your stuff and drove away in your cars with it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom