Atomic has a new regulator out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About $2,800 and you get...um...well, it's got titanium so it's light weight (not that the average regulator is back breaking to carry) and...has iridescent coloration unique to each one. It's plated with some sort of diamond-like hardness coating, but you still need to have care as impact or excessive rubbing can damage that special coloration.

By comparison, their T3 lists for about $1,900 (and there's already been considerable debate over whether their top regulators offer credible value-for-money over their lower and mid-range reg.s like the B2 and Z series).

I dive an Atomic Aquatics B2 and a Cobalt 2, so I like their product, but what is the target demographic for this regulator? Very wealthy people who like rainbow-reminiscent unique iridescence? Brand fan boys?

Am I missing something here? Is there some other advantage to having one of these?

You guys are sooo jealous and envious because you can't afford it while others can....

I can afford it, better things for 2.8k though.

You guys are sooo jealous and envious because you can't afford it while others can....

I certainly can afford it, but why would I? Inferior first stage design to others out there considering that it's an unsealed piston, needlessly wasteful from a money standpoint, and puts you in bed with a horrible parent company that can't even keep parts in stock for the run of the mill regulators they sell. For $2200 I can get an Xstream Doubles set and have $600 to spend on a backplate and wing, I'll take that option thank you very much.

Some people see value in Bentley, Mercedes, Rolls Royce and others don't get past Geely. Typical indirect envy and jealousy, put down the product and ridicule it indirectly putting down and ridiculing the people who can afford and would buy it just so you feel better about not buying because you can't afford it. Same ways people who own cheap cars talking about expensive cars.

I think it’s sealed. I believe the $2,800 gets you a full shot of Chrisolube at least.

I certainly can afford it, but why would I? Inferior first stage design to others out there considering that it's an unsealed piston, needlessly wasteful from a money standpoint, and puts you in bed with a horrible parent company that can't even keep parts in stock for the run of the mill regulators they sell. For $2200 I can get an Xstream Doubles set and have $600 to spend on a backplate and wing, I'll take that option thank you very much.

Back
Top Bottom