Atomic has a new regulator out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not always true. I had a uninvited guest in my house and he got two dive computers, a complete DSLR system with housing/strobes/ports/lenses, iPads, laptops, a Toyota Tacoma and an Audi Q5. He never paid for any of it! :(

Oh, God, not your Tacoma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love my Taco :). I have three basic nightmares that cause me to kick and scream. One is from my bicycle crash induced by vicious dogs that busted my leg and hip, another is cave diving and my light burns out and the big one is someone messing with my Tacoma. If I could I would sleep with it but I have spent a lot of time sleeping in it. That is just horrible, I feel your pain.

N

He stole your stuff and drove away in your cars with it?
Ya, it's a bit of a story but the coles notes version is that they found the spare keys to the truck which was secure in the garage and used it to load up their loot. The Q5 wasn't at home, but they got the spare keys to it. We figured they would be back for the Q5 so we took it to the dealer to get it re-keyed. 5 days later when the new key FOB's arrived, the Q5 was no longer on the dealers lot.

Ya, it's a bit of a story but the coles notes version is that they found the spare keys to the truck which was secure in the garage and used it to load up their loot. The Q5 wasn't at home, but they got the spare keys to it. We figured they would be back for the Q5 so we took it to the dealer to get it re-keyed. 5 days later when the new key FOB's arrived, the Q5 was no longer on the dealers lot.

OMG, that is the worst home burglary I have head of.You have my sympathies.

They knew somehow where your Q5 was and went looking for it. That's incredible.

Personally, I think it's stupid. I'm not offended that they make it. But if I saw one on a boat, I'd probably think it's owner were a bit of a tool. I'd keep my mouth shut though : )

Personally, I think it's stupid. I'm not offended that they make it. But if I saw one on a boat, I'd probably think it's owner were a bit of a tool. I'd keep my mouth shut though : )
If the owner was also the owner of the yacht I’m diving off of, then I’d give him two thumbs up. Or at least the OK sign times two, if we were underwater.

Not always true. I had a uninvited guest in my house and he got two dive computers, a complete DSLR system with housing/strobes/ports/lenses, iPads, laptops, a Toyota Tacoma and an Audi Q5. He never paid for any of it! :(
You need more guns.

How did that happen?

I was trying to remember what that reg finish reminded me of and I remember now.
Back in the 90’s DuPont automotive paint had a color line called Chromeillusion. It was a color shift pigment designed by Optical Coating Laboratories, the same outfit that makes the color shift pigment for money. They had several colors. One I remember was purple to green which shifted colors as you walked around it. You could stand in one spot looking at a car from the side and look at one end and it was green. As you moved you eye across the car it moved through gold to kind of a bronze into purple at the other end. I remember it was was some insane price like $100 per gram for the dry pigment which was then mixed into a base coat binder then sprayed on over a black base, then cleared. It would cost over $2000 just in Chromeillusion dry pigment (not including any other materials) to paint an average size car. It ran it’s course pretty quickly with the public. I thought it was garish and uglier than hell when I saw it, too much! The colors weren’t even that nice, kind of muddy really, they just color shifted.
I was actually doing custom auto painting and graphics at the time for a living and I had no use for it myself.
I think this reg is just another here now thing like Chromeillusion.

You get what you pay for in more ways than one.
It’s your money, have fun!

Back
Top Bottom