Atomic Cobalt 2 Opinions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a Cobalt 2 in Jan 2016 and put about 150 dives on it. I loved it. No issues.

Biggest issue I had was how to mount it. Screwed around with those gear keeper things and ended up using some cave line and a single ender to clip on the BCD D Ring where most put their brass/glass gauge.

A little quirky syncing to macdive. No big deal. The charging devices are a concern in case you forget it or lose it... which I've never done.

I ended up giving mine to my wife who just got certified and bought my wife's best friend who went through OW certification with her a matching one so they can learn and progress together. Their first dives after OW they were looking at NDL, dive times, and easilly paying attention to gas levels. Also being able to see and compare their SAC rates made it really easy to keep an eye on them for future dives.

The reason I gave mine to my wife was because I wanted a wrist mount for easier monitoring and too many close calls with sloppy boat mates and tanks potentially damaging the cobalt. Ended up with the Perdix AI. It's more convienent on the wrist, but all-in-all I cant say it was an upgrade. They are equal computers for rec divers IMO.

Hope that helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom