Atomic B2 regulator for colder water 45 - 50 degree

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpurdy

New
Reaction score
Curious if anyone can speak to the performance of a Atomic B2 in colder water. Temps I dive range from low 40's to low 50's and specs on B2 say not to dive it below 50 without coldwater treatment. Do I need to do this if I am diving mid 40's temperature?
Thanks,
jpurdy

Welcome to the board!
You may get more help if you post this in the reguator section. Or wait a while and it will be moved there.

Joe

Welcome to SB, but this will get moved to the Reg forum, so come back and do an Intro tomorrow, so we can welcome you properly. :D

Do you have a B2 or are you thinking of getting a B2?

If you want one and are going to be doing cold water diving get an M1.

If you don't need an Atomic, Apeks makes some great regs, as do other companies such as Scuba Pro, Zeagle, Aqualung, etc. that will do nicely.

If you have a B2, you will probably be fine to 50; high 40's. My wife has one and we have been in temps down to mid to low 50's with no problem. I wouldn't push it though, without getting it prepped for cold water.

I have an M1 and it is great for cold right out of the box. I'm sure I haven't even come close to its limits.

Back
Top Bottom