Atom or Stinger or Nemo - whats your choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WingNutt

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
OK have been doing LOTS of research and have narrowed my choices for a full function dive watch to the Atom, Stinger and Nemo. Here is where I would like some opinions from you. So far my thoughts are to have something I can wear that I dont have to take off when not diving (also to not have a huge device on my arm while diving). Also having decompression functions is a big plus. The Atom and Stinger seem to have better interfaces with downloading info into your computer with the USB from what I have gathered, plus they are not as BIG as the Nemo on MY wrist. The Nemo is able to be had cheaper. The option of the AI on the Atom is not really that important but a plus if I later decide to go hoseless or if the price is right for a full kit. So bottom line what would be your choice? Thanks for the help. Just looking for some insite from others.

atom. i like it. i don't have the others, so i can't compare, but i am happy with my atom.

WingNutt:
OK have been doing LOTS of research and have narrowed my choices for a full function dive watch to the Atom, Stinger and Nemo. Here is where I would like some opinions from you. So far my thoughts are to have something I can wear that I dont have to take off when not diving (also to not have a huge device on my arm while diving). Also having decompression functions is a big plus. The Atom and Stinger seem to have better interfaces with downloading info into your computer with the USB from what I have gathered, plus they are not as BIG as the Nemo on MY wrist. The Nemo is able to be had cheaper. The option of the AI on the Atom is not really that important but a plus if I later decide to go hoseless or if the price is right for a full kit. So bottom line what would be your choice? Thanks for the help. Just looking for some insite from others.

I have the Atom and use it hoseless as I purchased the kit. Because of its size I leave my regular watch at home when I go diving. It works great and the size is perfect for me. The only down side is the software for the computer sucks.

Alex

Atom gets my vote. I do agree with Alex; great computer, POS software.

If it were me, I'd first decide if I wanted a liberal (Oceanic) or conservative (Suunto/Mares) computer.

That aside, I'd probably choose the Atom since its a USA brand. I presume its easier to service (since you're based in the USA).

stormrider:
If it were me, I'd first decide if I wanted a liberal (Oceanic) or conservative (Suunto/Mares) computer.

That aside, I'd probably choose the Atom since its a USA brand. I presume its easier to service (since you're based in the USA).

If I recall correctly this is a setting you can adjust. By default it is set to liberal.

Alex

That's correct. The adjustments make it more conservative.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom