Atom 3.0 Wish List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are there any updates on the Atom 3.0? I need a new dive computer!

Come on oceanic, there is some money burning a hole in my pocket!

Atom 3 please!

I don't know about you guys, but a part of my morning routine involves checking online for any updates on Oceanic's site or elsewhere. Please Doug, any new news? :)

I just want one before I shove off to Cozumel in April...

Atom 3 please!

I don't know about you guys, but a part of my morning routine involves checking online for any updates on Oceanic's site or elsewhere...I just want one before I shove off to Cozumel in April...

That sounds exactly like me, although I've got till early May!

what about throwing in Average depth in the log mode?

So far the only (for recreational) watch that has that feature is the soon-to-be extinct Suunto Stinger model. All the newer model doesn't have the average depth feature, not even the most expensive D9, and even Oceanic own OC1.

We know that average depth is especially valuable for determining our SAC. And for those coming from the technical diving side, it's especially valuable for calculating our NDL and others.

And make this post as a sticky. Very important.

Average depth is calculated in Oceanlog at this time.
What would be the point of having the PDC calculate and show it on it's log read out screen?
The log screen can't be enter into during a dive and I don't see it as useful during the dive just informative after the fact.
So given that I'm satisfied to be able to see it when I download to my laptop.

All of this feedback has been very helpful to us - and will ultimately make many of you very happy when the product hits the market. Thank you to all of you that have taken the time to make your wishes known - we'll accommodate as many of these requests as we can. Here's a sneak peak for you:
photo_preview.jpg

That definitely gets us drooling! :drooling:

@Rawalker:
I like to actually calculate when back on board my air consumption, as opposed to bring a laptop just to get the readings of my average depth.

Speaking of which, maybe it'll even better if average depth is calculated on the the fly, while dive is going on. :D

I know that the alternative is to buy the wireless transmitter, but then again...... I'm out to save few bucks.

The current style of letters on Atom 2 is rather old fashioned, though I do admit it's bigger than suunto's. But then again, new model should sport more fashionable alphabets.

Even the Oceanic OC1 fonts are much nicer to look at.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom