Atom 1.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

docmojo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,
I am looking for a new nitrox computer. I have my eye on the ATOM 1.0 . Can anyone tell me how they like theres or offer another good computer. Looking for some type of wrist computer with a 300ft depth and mult-tank reading. I dive with my children and like having their air pressure on my guage. Thanks in advance for your input and help.

Merry Christmas:frosty: :christmas

Happy with mine!!!

You are not gonna be able to see their spg readings through your computer unless the kids are sidemounted to you. I have an ATOM for sale.

docmojo:
I dive with my children and like having their air pressure on my guage.

BigBoB:
You are not gonna be able to see their spg readings through your computer unless the kids are sidemounted to you. I have an ATOM for sale.

The Atom 2.0 and Aeris Epic will have a "buddy check" capability but the Atom 1.0 does not have this feature.

Yes, one could view a buddy's tank pressure on the Atom 1.0 by accessing the "Gas Switch Preview Display" (viewable for 10 seconds) but then there is a potential "danger" of an accidental "gas switch" - this potential pitfall was resolved by the introduction of the "buddy check" function in the Atom 2.0/Epic.

I think that BigBob's point was that the transmitters have a limited range and thus you would have to be VERY close to the kids to read their tanks. I don't think that the buddy feature will improve range, just access to the data. If you think of the past and ongoing conversations about wireless signal dropout, imagine how much more of a problem it will be if the same transmitter is on somebody swimming 10-15 feet away from you.

David

Thanks for all your information... I guess as good as things are with new electronics.. the best was is the old way and just check thier spg as I do now...
Thanks again for your input...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom