Atmos Mission One

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Understand things look very different from a photo, I get great results outside.
My understanding is the purpose of a transflective screen is that more ambient light reflects more, improving sunlight readability, yes I am sure if you angle the sun so it is reflective in the glass then you would just see the sun's reflection.

Yes definitely very different from a photo to real life without adjusting the picture settings. I have a photo of a text message and it is insane on how bright and vivid the camera made it.

In my use it seems that it doesn't reflect enough light during daily use and the screen stays too dim. Maybe a future update will give more brightness settings.

But above brightness I would rather have accurate measurements, altitude functionality and better logging including GPS functionality that was advertised.

Still while diving is the important thing, and like you I had no trouble reading during a dive.
Transflective liquid-crystal display - Wikipedia

I bought this as an everyday watch as well (until MK2 is available) and out on bright days it is hard to see. I do understand everyone purchases things for different reasons as I also understand that things that are issues for me might not be issues for others.

For diving I currently dont feel all cozy with it as many areas the software seems to have hiccups. Maybe on an update it will be better and things will be more accurate.

On the wrist twist thing, I disabled as no need to waste battery power. I found that backlight was not needed at all during day dives and I only required the backlight during night dives.

Personally I think that the back light is needed during day dives. At night the lowest brightness setting was just fine.

On the twist function my main issue with that is for a daily watch and not diving. It seems almost useless and quite random wearing the watch around town.

I spoke with the engineer about your notes and most all are already being addressed by firmware update expected late March.
Very cool, Thanks:)

Dd anyone figure out how serviceable the battery is in this thing? If the company goes under is it straightforward to open/replace O-ring/etc?

Dd anyone figure out how serviceable the battery is in this thing? If the company goes under is it straightforward to open/replace O-ring/etc?

"No" is the safe bet. These don't run on watch batteries, whatever they use is almost certainly special-made and soldered in Li-Ion. It may be common among several brands of smartwatches, but it's not something you can buy in your local Walgreens.

"No" is the safe bet. These don't run on watch batteries, whatever they use is almost certainly special-made and soldered in Li-Ion. It may be common among several brands of smartwatches, but it's not something you can buy in your local Walgreens.

Damn, where did you read or see that?

@dmaziuk is correct. No hassle-didn’t stop me from buying a Teric.

Also: Hog is reselling the computer as their brand.

Ok I spoke to the engineer and here’s the reply in nut shell.
First: The product warranty is two years.
- MISSION ONE's battery is lithium-ion type. Just like those used in smartphone.
- Lithium-ion battery life expectancy: 500 charging cycles.
- If you take MISSION ONE to dive every day (3dives), normally it needs to be recharged every 3 days.
- So It takes more than 4 years to reach the life expectancy.
- We charge our smartphone everyday so normally the battery decays after 2 years usage. But we don't need to charge MISSION ONE everyday so it last 2-3 times longer than a smartphone.
Regards,
Bob C

Reactions: Jay

Back
Top Bottom