Atmos Mission One

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just ordered one, cant wait to get it and test it out. im curious how its compass works.
On mine the compass is slow to react and it bounces quite a bit when held steady.

I personally think that as mine currently is, this watch/computer is a waste of money. But maybe the firmware update will fix all the issues..

On mine the compass is slow to react and it bounces quite a bit when held steady.

I personally think that as mine currently is, this watch/computer is a waste of money. But maybe the firmware update will fix all the issues..

ah that sucks. Are all the other features decent enough though?

ah that sucks. Are all the other features decent enough though?
What features are you interested in? Pure dive watch or do you plan to use it as a smart watch as well?

For me as a smart watch it has been lacking and does have some issues that bug me. I am an android user and from my testing it does have more issues than Apple.

For a dive watch while a foot or two off for depth would be acceptable, mine has been considerably farther off. Last time I was in a pool it never even entered dive mode the entire time that I was there due to this.

It currently has no altitude functionality settings or plan modes. Since you are in Las Vegas, if you dive at above sea level this might be an issue for you.

Though keep in mind I only have this one and others seem to enjoy theirs. Maybe mine is defective. I have been meaning to contact the store but have been busy.

Managed to get another 6 dives on the M1 at the weekend... 6hr45min of dive time.

2nd dive of the was deep dive and I was getting low on NDL, the unit has a noticeable alarm beginning at 3min where it warns of "Low NDL" so was well aware.

I purposefully ran down the NDL to enter 1min deco obligation while @20M. Interestingly the first obligation was at a 6m ceiling. We carried on up the reef and after about 10mins when shallower @10M the deco obligation cleared, which is what I would expect.

This is very unlike my cressi leonardo which once it goes into the deco algorithm, the obligation will continue to grow until you get close to the deco level (up arrow stops flashing) only at which point it will begin to decay.. which seems wrong.. but that is another story.

On the M1 I believe the log/profile shows the deco obligation as a red dot, the cyan dot is the safety stop which I see on all profiles. You will also see last 15min of the dive we spent @3~5M waiting for the obligation on the leonardo to clear.. my buddy on his zoop didn't have a deco obligation...

M1-deco.jpg
M1-deco2.jpg

This is very unlike my cressi leonardo which once it goes into the deco algorithm, the obligation will continue to grow until you get close to the deco level (up arrow stops flashing) only at which point it will begin to decay.. which seems wrong.. but that is another story.

Yep. That, and the beeps you can't turn off, are the annoying features of the leonardo. And you can deal with the beeps.

This is very unlike my cressi leonardo which once it goes into the deco algorithm, the obligation will continue to grow until you get close to the deco level.
my buddy on his zoop didn't have a deco obligation.
View attachment 573268 View attachment 573269

The same on my D4i, it will keep raising deco stop time until I reach 5m, which is very annoying.
But since the zoop didn't get to deco, does that mean m1 is more conservative on consecutive dives than a suunto? I assume your buddy with the zoop do all same dives with you. And suunto is known to be very conservative already.

But since the zoop didn't get to deco, does that mean m1 is more conservative on consecutive dives than a suunto? Which is already very conservative already.
Nope I wouldn't say M1 is more conservative, I was running medium setting (40/85), which is already giving me more than the leonardo. You could set high or can also set your own custom GF if you want more aggressive. Believe buddy is on aggressive setting on his zoop, for ref 2 weeks ago buddy got a 1min deco obligation, while I didn't enter deco.

When doing a deepish shore dive with ample air remaining we'll sometimes ride the NDL limit when +20M, ensuring we don't drop below a couple mins, unless some critter catches our eye. So it is not common to actually enter deco because of the profile as you can go up a couple meters, gain back a couple mins NDL and still be on the reef in close proximity.

I decided to get an obligation on that particular dive once I fell below 3min NDL as I like to understand how the computer operates when in that state, and the situation gave me that chance. You'll see in the dive profile I dropped a little to force it into deco state. Shore diving here we can be really close to shore while deep, normally a ride up a wall or the reef. If we are planning multiple deeper dives we would usually use EAN.

I purposefully ran down the NDL to enter 1min deco obligation while @20M..... carried on up the reef and after about 10mins when shallower @10M the deco obligation cleared, which is what I would expect.

Interestingly.. this image helps build more confidence for me with the accuracy of this computer.

I finally downloaded logs from my other computer into subsurface.. using the dive profile with the same GF factor of 40/85 set in subsurface I see a ceiling/deco obligation both start and finish pretty much the same times that I had seen the obligation on the computer during the dive.

M1-deco3.jpg

I finally downloaded logs from my other computer into subsurface.. using the dive profile with the same GF factor of 40/85 set in subsurface I see a ceiling/deco obligation both start and finish pretty much the same times that I had seen the obligation on the computer during the dive.

Buhlmahh model is fairly simple and straightforward, different implementations should match up. It is not specified to fifth-decimal-digit precision, so you should expect a couple of minutes difference here and there, but I'd be surprised if you see more than 4. Provided it's the same parameter set, GFs, and so on and so forth.

But really, you have to be either very very bad at programming, or mess it up deliberately, for it to not be within a few minutes of other implementations.

@ls1dreams

someone will figure out the battery replacement even if the company goes under. you can still get those darn oil filled uwatecs still serviced if you want and those likely are way more of a pita to work on.

a couple security bits is probably all it takes

Back
Top Bottom