Atmos Mission One

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got hold of the M1 last week, and dove it over the weekend.. and gotta say there are a lot of things I really like about it.

First thing, after reading this thread I was worried about the screen brightness. Getting it out of the box at home I also thought it appeared dark. However as the screen is reflective type, the more light the more clear and vivid the screen becomes, take it outside and damn.

View attachment 568530
Its amazing what a camera can do to make the screen look amazingly colorful and readable in daylight.

I found that quite often the screen was near unreadable at times in the sun but underwater it looks great.

I guess I would ask if you really see an issue with NDL dive planning to 69' vs 70' or 59' vs 60'?

This unit is not designed to be a Tech computer and the average diver would not likely have an issue with a one foot difference.

When you say, "a few other things" what does that mean? Could you be a bit more specific ?

I guess I would ask if you really see an issue with NDL dive planning to 69' vs 70' or 59' vs 60'?

Nope not really but its silly that they dont have it 100% functional for imperial and personally makes me wonder about other programming issues that are not directly apparent.

This unit is not designed to be a Tech computer and the average diver would not likely have an issue with a one foot difference.
Just up to 1 foot difference is quite normal.
I do get that it isnt a tech computer and mine has had way more than a single foot difference

When you say, "a few other things" what does that mean? Could you be a bit more specific ?

Some issues for a dive computer are:
1) NDL being off and inconsistent depth readings (Upwards of 10 feet)
2) No altitude dive function ..not really usable at altitude - per manufacturer response (this needs to be at the very least stated in the manual)
3) dive planner goes along with point 2 and will not function for any planning of dives above sea level

Additional things that makes me wonder about computer reliability:
1) water Temp gauge is always off by a few degrees above ambient (closer than above water)
2) Imperial switches to metric on dive log import
3) dive planner and its wonky imperial conversion

Issues for a smart watch and dive log:
1) constantly disconnects from my phone
2) all messages from Iphones or Android come across in broken English
3) brightness is not great for visibility in sunny conditions
4) doesn't stay at main screen selection (Date/temp/sunrise sunset)
5) caller ID does not register and only says "call view"
6) temp gauge is off by 8 degrees or so
7) dive log is insanely basic for a smart computer
8) dive log does not important GPS data as advertised
9) tilt to turn on light only works occasionally, yet when driving it turns on and off constantly

I have a few more but id have to go look at what I wrote down after the last few dives later. But overall in my opinion this dive watch lacks the full advertised functionality.

Nope not really but its silly that they dont have it 100% functional for imperial and personally makes me wonder about other programming issues that are not directly apparent.

Personally I would be more worried if they programmed pressure in some long dead king's shoe sizes and poundi per unciae squared.

And also when planning my exposure down to one third of one tenth of a bar, I would like my NDL time expressed in nanofortnights.

Thanks for the notes... on the ATMOS. I am passing these directly to the company engineer and firmware designer to get updates done per your notes.
A number of small firmware updates are already in the works.

Anyone know what battery replacement will be like on the Atmos One?

Once concern I have is if this newish company goes out of business... who is capable of replacing the battery? (Or is it reasonably user serviceable enough?)

Its amazing what a camera can do to make the screen look amazingly colorful and readable in daylight.

I found that quite often the screen was near unreadable at times in the sun but underwater it looks great.

Understand things look very different from a photo, I get great results outside. My understanding is the purpose of a transflective screen is that more ambient light reflects more, improving sunlight readability, yes I am sure if you angle the sun so it is reflective in the glass then you would just see the sun's reflection. Still while diving is the important thing, and like you I had no trouble reading during a dive.
Transflective liquid-crystal display - Wikipedia

On the wrist twist thing, I disabled as no need to waste battery power. I found that backlight was not needed at all during day dives and I only required the backlight during night dives.

Personally I would be more worried if they programmed pressure in some long dead king's shoe sizes and poundi per unciae squared.

And also when planning my exposure down to one third of one tenth of a bar, I would like my NDL time expressed in nanofortnights.

Well, I usually plan dives in furlongs. Ascent speed in barleycorns per gigahour. That and it mistranslates Babylonian texts into unreadable cuneiform. Sure sounds like a poorly implemented algorithm to me. Another reason to get a D VI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom