Assembling Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Obviously fake news,if Pfc, Litehead and Ken don't use them they are of no value........:)

(Thanks for the exposure, no doubt many will now be aware of some of our offerings. Any chance I can get you to link to all of our goods?)

BTW we sell quite few can light simulators, it's a way for those who wish to become familiar with stowing a long hose, but haven't yet purchased a can light.

Can you three point me to all the negative reviews of the GHA?

Why are DSS stainless spools higher priced than other spools? Simple, they are hard to make, very hard. Nobody else even tries to make a similar spool. There are other stainless spools, but they are not formed from sheet. The real problem the spools represent for me is keeping them in stock...........
Tobin
And the guy who invented the pet rock is a millionaire.

I ordered a pair of those. If they turn out to be silly, well, it was only $5....

Some of those other things are a bit ridiculous, though. Those $12 bungie cords to hold your stage LP hose, PfcAj posted... SMH....

Well I'll be sure to add you to the list of those to consult before introducing any new products.........

Tobin

Well I'll be sure to add you to the list of those to consult before introducing any new products.........

Tobin

Hey if you're selling tons of the fake canisters, that's awesome for you and congrats! I just think they're unnecessary, but that's only my opinion.

Hey if you're selling tons of the fake canisters, that's awesome for you and congrats! I just think they're unnecessary, but that's only my opinion.

Most of the goods I have designed and offered for sale represent a problem I encountered, and found no existing solution for. The can light simulator was no different. When my oldest daughter started diving she was in a BP&W from day one with 7 ft long hose / 24 inch secondary. I did not however think the cost or burden of a canister light was appropriate for a brand new diver. She struggled a bit with stowing her long hose by jamming it in her belt and was a bit jealous of ease with which I could stow mine using my canister. The can light simulator was born. It's $15 item that helps new divers establish proper technique, not a $1500 can light that adds work load for a new diver.

Once again I thought the one I made her would be the one only I'd ever make, until I had friends that wanted them for warm water travel, and instructors that saw the benefits of starting new divers off with a cheap simple building block that would make future equipment additions easier.

This pattern has driven quite a few of the goods I offer. I made one for *me* and others who saw it or tried it wanted to buy them.........

If I owned a dive shop that sold can lights I would have been loaning simulators for free to any advanced rec diver contemplating the leap to tech.....

Tobin

Most of the goods I have designed and offered for sale represent a problem I encountered, and found no existing solution for.

Tobin only a suggestion - I bought my first doubles rig with you - you included the derlin nuts and Qtach retainers - I had no idea what they were until this thread. So my suggestion is to add a video of perhaps 10 of the items you sell and show how to mount and what they are used for?

Maybe it is intuitive to some - but I kept wondering what they were for and by the way I really like the Glide Harness Adapter. I am a Rec Diver and did not have experience with BM doubles - all my buddies use SM.
Thanks

Maybe it is intuitive to some - but I kept wondering what they were for and by the way I really like the Glide Harness Adapter. I am a Rec Diver and did not have experience with BM doubles - all my buddies use SM.
Thanks

I'm one of your buddies and I don't use SM. Wait. Does that mean that I'm ...

Ah, it's ok. Maybe if I 'bump' into you on a dive you can show me what the GHAIS cause I couldn't figure it out by the description.

The first time I dove doubles was on short notice and there was no time to shop around for a deal on manifolds and things. (I wish I had bought one, seems like the price has at least quadrupled over the years!) But I decided, long before "spare air" was around, that I wanted a little redundancy and protection as well, as we would be doing a decompression dive.

So I borrowed a twin to my gear (same tank, regulator, gauge set) from a friend. Took the double bands, and just bolted up the two tanks to my backplate, with totally separate rig on each one. I went down on tank #1, then (still holding regulator #1 in my hand) switched over to tank #2. As soon as I knew it worked, I stuffed #1 back into my BC's pocket. Didn't fool with the valves, I don't tolerate leaking regulators. Spent my bottom time on tank #2, then when it was down to 500? pounds, switched back to tank #1 and shortly after began the ascent.

Total redundancy, no fancy manifolds needed. Just a wrench and some bands. And considering that option versus the new nonsense of "but you've got to have spare air"....I'd just as soon stick to two rigs. Heck, regulator #2 will be cheaper than the manifold bar alone!

Halcyon seems to believe the "mock canister" is a clever idea, too: Extreme Exposure

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom