Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jassers

New
Reaction score
Hey y'all , Jas here !
I'm doing as much research as I can to see what it takes to become a Navy Diver . I've seen the basic pull up, push up, sit up, run and swim test requirements but I would like to know as much as possible. What score do you need ? What is training like ? Whats the minimum term ? I have a million questions and if you guys have ANY advice it would be greatly appreciated. Can't wait to hear from everyone !

100 push ups, 20 pull ups, 9min 1.5 mile run, 100 situp, 8-9:30 450m swim will get you a contract, those are really good scores. Just beware that you will get extra attention since you are a female, it's hard work. You will be working with 40-70 pound tools. I'm a 16 year old male training to become a navy diver, I've spoke to a lot of NSW mentors/navy divers . Prepare for a lot of swimming, hours of calisthenics . Also I would suggest learning the combat side stroke, the swim must be done by breast stroke or side stroke so no freestyle.

howdy and welcome from south Florida.............good luck and best wishes in your quest.

100 push ups, 20 pull ups, 9min 1.5 mile run, 100 situp, 8-9:30 450m swim will get you a contract, those are really good scores. Just beware that you will get extra attention since you are a female, it's hard work. You will be working with 40-70 pound tools. I'm a 16 year old male training to become a navy diver, I've spoke to a lot of NSW mentors/navy divers . Prepare for a lot of swimming, hours of calisthenics . Also I would suggest learning the combat side stroke, the swim must be done by breast stroke or side stroke so no freestyle.
Is this where they have to jump from the top diving board?(I have no issue with it, just wondering) and have you spoken to any recruiters ?

Is this where they have to jump from the top diving board?(I have no issue with it, just wondering) and have you spoken to any recruiters ?

What are you talking about? I think you are thinking of army dive school or USMC swim course where they jump off a 15 feet diving board thing. I haven't spoken to any recruiters yet just a lot of sailors. BTW you will do drown proofing happeneds in dive prep. You have to be comfortable in the water. BTW there is only 2,000 navy divers in the entire navy, only 7 are women. Most class's start off with 30 people and end up with 16-10. Not trying to talk you out of it but this is a huge commitment, there is a ton of risk and if you fail dive school you will be in the navy for the remaining 4-6 years doing whatever job they need people in. A lot of people fail with the academics part. The women I've seen who have passed don't even look like women.

I see that you are a Swim/Aerobics Instructor. Here is something I want you to try.

Run 5 miles
Calisthenics for a hour/2 hours
Then swim for 40mins freestyle
Thread water with a 10 pound weight no hands for 15min

Try doing that everyday for 5/6 months mixed in with hard academics + lifting / with 4-6 hours of sleep

When I say Calisthenics

I mean

flutter kicks
push ups
arm circles
Leg levers
Planks
Scissors
pull ups
burpees

One DMT told me his dive school class had to do 1000 burpees since they ****** up, that takes a hour to do. This is a very hard job, it's not for everyone. I recommend talking with a recruiter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom