ASIPONA (FONATUR Marina)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How old is that second photo with the semicircular hotel building?
I don't know. It was posted this month by the brand new ASIPONA, that took over FONATUR in January of this year. They did not include any info with that image.

How old is that second photo with the semicircular hotel building?
Its an artists rendering of a proposed plan. I was sitting next to the architect for International Hotel Group flying out of Cozumel ten years ago and he showed me IHG's plans for the Caleta, which showed the same semi circular building.

The current status of this lawsuit, filed federally in Mexico city by a multi billion dollar international corporation, would be interesting to know. Note it was filled against the municipality of Cozumel, not Fonatur, primarily for Cozumel's failure to evict the pirate fleet from the Caleta. I would think that now that Cozumel has control of both the old Caleta and the new marina , formally Fonatur's, it would strengthen IHG's claim.

The current status of this lawsuit, filed federally in Mexico city by a multi billion dollar international corporation, would be interesting to know. Note it was filled against the municipality of Cozumel, not Fonatur, primarily for Cozumel's failure to evict the pirate fleet from the Caleta. I would think that now that Cozumel has control of both the old Caleta and the new marina , formally Fonatur's, it would strengthen IHG's claim.

squatters have more rights than the laws. It will be a long battle over evicting the boats from caletta. Ive seen first hand how someone can take over a property without any proof of ownership. Meanwhile the owner with title is non stop trying to get the leech out. Its a very corrupt system.

It is an artist rendition, not a photo. It does reflect what is there. The new organization controlling the marina is now federal and not under the control of Cozumel or Quintana Roo. Caleta and the proposed semi-circular hotel is not part of the new Fonatur. That area is owned by Presidente peeps. There is a lot more going on, but it's all behind the scenes right now. If you need the parking space, just buy a condo in the new Seaside condos, which aren't in the image. They go for $1.6m minimum with the top floor unit listed at $52 million USD.

Just $52 million? Where do I sign? :wink:

Don't you want to ask if it comes with a slip, or not??

Back
Top Bottom