Asahi Steel Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reviving this old thread since the link above no longer works. I have a steel Asahi HP80 with a born on date of 9/99. Hydro is coming up on it and I was wondering if these are still able to get tested. I'm aware of the PST tanks no longer being able to get a hydro but I hadn't really heard much about the Asahi/Genesis tanks. Any word? Thanks.

Reviving this old thread since the link above no longer works. I have a steel Asahi HP80 with a born on date of 9/99. Hydro is coming up on it and I was wondering if these are still able to get tested. I'm aware of the PST tanks no longer being able to get a hydro but I hadn't really heard much about the Asahi/Genesis tanks. Any word? Thanks.

I think it depends on where you have your hydro's done. I just had a set of Norris HP120's pass hydro. They do have an "E" stamp, I don't want to know how current it is. The bottom line is they have that wonderful stamp on them and I'll not have any problem getting them filled for another 5 years.

Call first, shop around. You didn't say it explicitly, but if they are 3500 PSI tanks, I believe the overpressure is 5/3 (rather than 3/2) rated pressure.

pst sp9791/e9791 got renewed through the end of 2018, i just had 2 tanks pass hydro. e12079/sp12079 tanks have a valid special permit till the end of 2017.

pst sp9791/e9791 got renewed through the end of 2018, i just had 2 tanks pass hydro. e12079/sp12079 tanks have a valid special permit till the end of 2017.

The PST tanks aren't the same as the Asahi/Genesis tanks are they? I don't have any PST, just an Asahi.

e12079/sp12079 tanks have a valid special permit till the end of 2017.
My Asahi has sp12079 stamp on it.
Next hydro should be in 2019.
Does it mean that hydro can't be done (permit till the end of 2017!) any more and my pretty new tank will go to friend, playing paintball ? :)
What about yearly VIP in 2018 ?
I like my HP120.....

just wait for the renewal. the risk that asahi won't renew the special permit is very low.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom