Arkansas Bend Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NadMat

DIMWIT Swamper ;)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone ever dive there? I've done one shallow recovery dive in cove over by ramp, silty bottom and low viz, lots of boat traffic, found purse and returned it, never considered it a dive location park, more of a nice camping, swimming, boating, good place to take the dogs type of park.

Yesterday I was snorkeling over in cove on other side of bend from ramp and was amazed at lots of diverse life, reasonable viz, mostly rocky ledges shelfing downward with short flats in between. Some boat traffic, mostly boats pulling in to cove to anchor and swim a bit. I was thinking the cove itself would make a nice shallow dive or two, and one could venture out of cove itself if wanted to get a little deeper. Easy shore access, you can drive your truck up and park right next to water. Might be nice to do a dive where I don't have to hump gear up and down the stairs.

Thinking about taking a couple of tanks that way next weekend if I can find someone else willing. Any of you swampers feel like trying a new place?

Hi ,
I would like to try it one weekend but Im otta town this coming weekend. i have dove in the upper part of lake travis before .... prettty gloomy... i live in the spicewood area of the lake.... maybe next time i can catch up with someone from this group... seems that you like to dive & have a good time .....: im all for that

Hi ,
I would like to try it one weekend but Im otta town this coming weekend. i have dove in the upper part of lake travis before .... prettty gloomy... i live in the spicewood area of the lake.... maybe next time i can catch up with someone from this group... seems that you like to dive & have a good time .....: im all for that

I try to dive as often as I can find a place, some free time, and a buddy all at once. I usually post up here when going to catch a dive, especially if I can't get any firm commitments from my long time buddies. Nothing better than a little time at the lake, catch a couple of dives, maybe bring along dog and non diving friends to handle surface support(keeping beer cold and making hot dogs hot :wink: )

Always nice to get out and meet some new divers to buddy up with, keep an eye on the Swamper forum and you're sure to see many more travis and other centex dives posted.
Maybe you can mosey in from spicewood one friday for our monthly FEAST and meet a few of us over burgers and beers.
Hope to see you out diving,
matt

Still looking for for someone to buddy with this weekend at Arkansas bend.
Current plan is to arrive @ park around 10-10:30, drive down ramp, turn to left down shorline, and park out on point at cove entrance. Timing could be adjusted to potential buddies schedule needs.
Post or pm me if you're interested in looking at a different section of Travis bottom.

Please post a review once you dive this area. My father in law lives in Little Rock and I am looking for Arkansas dive spots.

Bus

Please post a review once you dive this area. My father in law lives in Little Rock and I am looking for Arkansas dive spots.

Bus

Sorry Bus, despite the name, Arkansas bend park is on Lake Travis just outside of Austin, Tx. However, I do plan on posting a review with pictures when I've done the dive. However, I bet a few Swampers or some of the Midwest Muck diver crew could chime in with some good Arkansas dive spots.

Matt ... you fish too?

I figured after I posted that there was a good chance that the site was not in the great state of Arkansas. Boy I need to do something when I am down in Little Rock other than eat (darn good pizza and BBQ). I was just being hopeful.

Anyone ever dive there? I've done one shallow recovery dive in cove over by ramp, silty bottom and low viz, lots of boat traffic, found purse and returned it, never considered it a dive location park, more of a nice camping, swimming, boating, good place to take the dogs type of park.

Yesterday I was snorkeling over in cove on other side of bend from ramp and was amazed at lots of diverse life, reasonable viz, mostly rocky ledges shelfing downward with short flats in between. Some boat traffic, mostly boats pulling in to cove to anchor and swim a bit. I was thinking the cove itself would make a nice shallow dive or two, and one could venture out of cove itself if wanted to get a little deeper. Easy shore access, you can drive your truck up and park right next to water. Might be nice to do a dive where I don't have to hump gear up and down the stairs.

Thinking about taking a couple of tanks that way next weekend if I can find someone else willing. Any of you swampers feel like trying a new place?

Im willing... will talk tonight at the feast... im still a gimp but need to get in the water

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom