Are you monogamous?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I am polygamous -but don't tell my other half.

She isn't interested in diving in the slightest (will only swim under protest and even then it is head out of the water at all times) so I have to get my fix with whoever is available at the time. Have been known to go for a threesome if needed.

My other half was the tipping point to get me to dive, I had always wanted to just needed a bit more motivation.

She only dives a few times a year in local waters with me, but we try to get away for a week of tropical diving a year. There is nothing like diving with your preferred buddy!

I've done some solo diving and on trips I tend to regard the dive as an underwater GPS, so I don't rely on a tight, formal buddy system as much as some understand it. My wife is a 'dabbler diver' who might enjoy a few dives in tropical aquarium-like conditions; OW & NItrox, no interest in pursuing AOW. Hasn't dove in a few years, raising our 3 year old daughter.

As an avid vacation diver, I'm much more driven to dive, so going off doing my own thing works out. We've cruised for a family trip, I just got off a live-aboard and she just got back from a 'girls' trip' to Myrtle Beach with her old high school buddy.

"We have more friends where only one dives but it seems the marriages where both dive is stronger."

I think doing things you're passionate about together probably does reinforce the ties that bind. My parents were both deer hunters (still alive; getting pretty old), and they tended to do things together. I few up an only child who spent many years in a very rural setting and I was not into hunting or school sports, so I learned to pursue solo interests.

Richard.

I use to dive with my GF and now I share my dive vacation also with my son (OW since last year).
Strictly speaking I'm not monogamous: I dove with other random buddies when my son was taking his course ...

i'm a total slut. my wife of 26 years has zero interest in diving. Loves the water, loves to snorkel, loves boats. Hates even the idea of breathing underwater. Won't even try it.....even in our pool!
so i'm a dive slut. This does get in the way of exotic dive vacations but when we travel, i manage to get a dive or three in.

i'm an instructor and work as DM on a boat...so i dive A LOT. And i have lots of dive friends/buddies to dive with.
Basically, i am a diving gigolo!

My husband and I have been diving together for over 30 years and so far we are equally avid and well-matched. As we get older there may be health issues that could make it more difficult for one or the other of us to dive, but I think that if one of us has to stop diving the other will also retire from the sport. I am sure that we will still want to go snorkeling.

One of the reasons we started diving was because it gave us a chance to spend time together and so far we have done all of our dives as buddies. If one of us has ear problems or isn't feeling well then the other one sits out too.

Sticking to the "both or neither" promise has been difficult at times, like on a liveaboard when there is plenty of great diving available and not much else to do. And I remember a trip to Bonaire when my husband had a head cold and ear problems and couldn't dive most of the week. I spoke with the dive operator and asked if we could "get a rain check on our pre-paid shore/boat dives so that we could come back later" and he told me "Your husband can have one but not you, because you are still healthy and able to dive!" He didn't understand that I didn't want to dive without my buddy.

There have been many other activities and hobbies that one of us liked but the other didn't - but I am glad that we've agreed about diving - it has given us a lot of good times and great memories.

I dive solo or with my son but would love to have a lady-go-diver join me!

And are you homosexual, diving only with same sex partners, or a heterosexual diver? Or pan-sexual?

I'm kinda like wooke, I'm a slut and I'll dive with anyone once-in-a-lifetime and maby twice on Sundays.
And with that being said I got my future wife certified during our first year of dating and that was eighteen years ago and she is always favorite dive buddy!

My wife doesn't dive, so I guess that makes me promiscuous by default.
I was on a boat dive last week with an older Dutch couple; she has better air consumption than he, so she carries an octo with very long hose. About half way through every dive I'd see her sharing her air to stretch his tank. It was a very endearing sight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom