Are you monogamous?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not me... I "dive around" and my wife is ok with it. :)

When we are at home, Mrs. Stoo tends to be less enthusiastic about diving in very cold water (even though she dives dry) and she is pretty much a recreational diver. I probably do 70% of my northern diving with someone other than her. She is often there however, tending boat.

When we travel, we dive together pretty much all the time. I missed a dive a few years ago due to a bit of an ear bug, and she dove with a couple that we met at the destination. She was fairly new to diving then, but they were both Instructors and took good care of her... not that she needed any help.

Mrs. Stoo has become an excellent diver over the years and has logged perhaps 300 dives. She is comfy doing planned deco dives and so on, and she's an excellent model for me. There's nobody I would rather dive with.

Perhaps I should mention that we met when she took her original dive course from me. She passed... :)

This photo is of her flapping around the wreck of Arabia, sunk in 1884. She lies in 105' of chilly water 3 miles from our front door in Tobermory, Ontario.

Arabia Kelly port side © FINAL DSC_0704.jpg

Last edited:
Wife and I both were certified in 1989. Unfortunately she has had minor health issues during some dive trips that keep her out of the water, so I dive with other folk. I'll dive with females, males, doesn't matter. I guess you could say I'm loose. :idk:

I have noticed that when Sweetie is my buddy I pay way more attention to my buddy than I do when it is someone else. :hm: I guess with my Sweetie it is true affection. With others it's just a physical (O2) attraction. :rofl3:

Polygamous. The wife "likes" diving whereas I "love" diving so we dive together when she wants to dive. We have different certification levels which precludes her diving deeper than 18M. She dives only in the summer whereas I dive year-round. I try to stay faithful but the body is weak and I end up cheating a lot.

For me -- my guy doesnt dive -- or swim for that fact, so a majority of my dives are solo. He gets aggravated if I dive with males, but he is learning to deal with it. That being said, I wont dive with "just anyone"... they have to have some level of competency before I go 75' down with them. But most of my dive circle is well experienced and we know what to expect out of each other.

Does your significant other dive? And if so are you dive buddies exclusively?

I usually dive "family style". My wife and our adult daughter are my normal dive buddies so it's unusual to be in the water without one of those two, or both, with me. There was an occasion where I buddied up with a diver traveling solo and left my wife and daughter to pair up. That was at Devil's Den so we were still within eyesight of each other at all times and still together pre and post dive. My wife and I have been married 24 years, my daughter and I have been certified for 2 years and my wife 1. I think she saw that my daughter and I were always heading off to the lake or the Florida springs and wanted to join in on the fun. Too bad our son doesn't care for diving at all.

My girlfriend and I meet an OW class been buddy's ever since. If I'm not with her, my 19 is my buddy.

good thing my 10 yr old son wants to dive -- so now i will have a dive buddy all the time now

Back
Top Bottom